Land of vegimite and......

Please use this area for off topic conversations and banter
davidh

Land of vegimite and......

Post by davidh »

Hi and a belated Happy New Year to all,

Having served out my full sentence with time added on for good behaviour I'm now back from my stint deep 'down under'. Have had some facinating insights into the aussie dinghy scene which will no doubt get added in to whatever lines of thinking I start to follow next.

Whilst in Brisbane stayed in the care of Bob and Sue aka Mr Mercury dinghy, can report that both are fine and well and prospering, they just live a mile or so from one of the best sailing locations that can be found anywhere in the world. Whilst I was there the NS14s held a championships and gave both of us plenty of food for thought.

But still have to say it - am glad to be back, now have Oulton Broad Week to look forward too, have started to get back into the swing of competitive apres-sail drinking so should be fine for the Adnams come August!

I hope you all had a wonderful festive season.... bring on 2010!

D
David H
jon711

Re: Land of vegimite and......

Post by jon711 »

Welcome back to the snow and the cold!!

I'm sure that the welcome and the excitment you will have at Oulton Week will equal (Or maybe even surpass?), the experience in Oz!! I will try to arrange the weather to match - just make sure you don't loose your boat on route!!

Reading all the reports, made me very jealous, whilst being snowed in at home!

Jon
davidh

Post by davidh »

Jon,

Oh dear - may have let the cat out of the bag. Jerry Hone, who was another of the intrepid souls braving the Brisbane sunshine - is an old Oulton Broad man. He too may be tempted to travel north and east this summer......

Last blog just uploaded.........

D
David H
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Hi David - well survived - bit quick, those Contender sailors... But after all that practice, you should find the cvrda fleet an easier nut to crack in whatever boat (Merlin?) you choose as your steed!
Rupert
davidh

Post by davidh »

rupert,

if you check your email inbox you should find a mail!!

D
David H