Trophies

Please use this area for off topic conversations and banter
jon711

Trophies

Post by jon711 »

Has there ever been an award (trophy) for the first Ginger Haired sailor. As a member of this much maligned caste, I feel that it may be time for the red heads to assert themselves!! :lol:

Posted very tongue in cheek, just had a bad day at work, and looking forward to the P*** take that is going to go on.. (May just cheer me up!!)

Jon

Although I still claim, I'm Strawberrry Blonde!!!!
roger

Re: Tropjies

Post by roger »

I cant say anything Jon I have a ginger beard(which is why I dont grow one) and my grandaughter looks like she will be strawberry blonde.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
jon711

Re: Trophies

Post by jon711 »

Go on Roger, there is nothing to be ashamed about a Ginger Beard!! Until the company I work for changed the rules, I had a Ginger beard (And I thought it was very fetching!!)

Let's see all gingers unite at a CVRDA event soon!!

Just for a giggle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLLYO8Hd_sE

Jon
Pat

Post by Pat »

Sandy's an older ginga - had such a shock of ginger hair that he was identified from a great distance when playing out on the dangerous Forth mudflats. Now his three sons continue the colour.
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Kathryn says my beard was ginger before I went grey - I disagree, as I'm afraid ginger haired people are all

Nope, I can't say that, even if Jon has invited it...
Rupert
chris

Post by chris »

My two daughters could be a ladies team for this event - the Gingerbread challange?
Brookesy

Post by Brookesy »

Okay I'll bite...

I would like to be the first to nominate you for the 'GT Trophy' Jon......
GBR74 ex custodian of
GBR384 Mickey Finnale (Taylor,wood)
GBR455 Rubber Duck (Taylor, grp)
FD GBR350 Supercalifragalisticexpialidocious
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

And the prize will be a bottle of Brunette hair dye.
I do not discriminate against persons with Ginger hair my son in law is a member of the clan.
Cheers
Al
jon711

Post by jon711 »

Go on Rupert, you know you can.... nearly there....

Jon :lol:

I just so luv taking the pee out of myeself!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
davidh

Post by davidh »

Okay Jon.... I'll not go down the route of saying that we should be giving evolution a hand here. The word is that in a few more generation true ginger toms will die out naturally, only a harsh cruel man would suggest that a little bit of ethnic cleansing would make the world a better place a bit quicker. Mind you, we could always apply some 2 pot to the hair - what colour do you fancy being next?

But seeing that your forum string was started off with such admirable self parody, how about today: Mssrs Chivers, Ridge and Henshall with one tape measure between them and a Mirror to measure. I did the honourable thing and excused myself (hey... I went and collected the Merlin boom....VERY smart!). All that brain power in one place...scary!!

D
David H
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

of course this is a bit academic as the CVRDA only awards prizes to boats (as these are more important than the individual) with the exception of the Wing Nut prize for something really stupid or unintentionally funny

I suppose we could put a ginger merkin on the Wing Nut (would this make it a ginger nut?) but then the recipient would have to have done something amazingly stupid. As we've had spectacular gear failure, gross stupidity and barefoot water skiing in the past the recipient would have to do something spectacular to be awarded the CVRDA version of the Darwin Award.

I don't think it's been awarded for the loss of a limb or vital organ in the the name of classic sailing. Yet.
jon711

Post by jon711 »

Well, so far done two CVRDA events, and broken (different) Merlins at each event. Just hope this skill does not continue... (David H would not be happy, if I break the boat after it's extensive repair(s)). I do seem to have a knack at pulling jib sheet tracks off!! - Shame it's not mainsheet tracks!! :wink:

Jon,

Thanks for all the comments, cheered me up no end, after injurying myself at work, and then being involved in A Health & Safety Executive Investigation. Luckely, I'm in the clear, I followed company procedures, and the company seem to be in the clear as well..... Classed as a "Near Miss" " Freak incident"...... Just wish they would let me get on with my job, instead of involving me in all these meetings......Apparently (I was informed today), the investigation has cost the company about 12 grand so far (and still counting)!!

So keep the Ginger phobic comments coming!!
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Are you really so sure of the inferiority of ginger haired people that you feel they need a separate trophy? Now, if you had suggested one for blondes (with or without the e) I could quite understand. After all, long haired blonds with milky skinned varnish need to learn to finish races before they can win anything...
Rupert
Pat

Post by Pat »

The only intelligent blonde has usually got 4 legs and a waggy tail and is helping the blind get about :D
davidh

Post by davidh »

Moderator - help!!!!!!!

remove these slurs on my otherwise blameless character.

What's a guy to do?

He gets Roger 'destruction man' Devereaux, then the following year it is Jon 'Scrapper' Supercrew and the next thing there are these unfounded insinuations cast against me......

BUT..... working on the premise that the best defense is attack (all the betterer when the target is not even a part of the discussion), I'll now stoop to an even lower level and include in a forthcoming posting a picture of one of the web 'regulars' in a strange and compromising situation. Should I 'publish and be damned'????

D
David H