Rumours from Netley

Please use this area for off topic conversations and banter
davidh

Rumours from Netley

Post by davidh »

I can confirm that the rumour that the Race Team at netley black flagged a fleet of youth sailors just so that they coud watch a classic Merlin and what could have been Wayfarer 1 sailing are just that - rumours. But as they say, there is no smoke without fire!

But now it appears that Jon 711 does not just break boat but young ladies hearts too!

One of the Rescue Boats saw a very young girl sailing ashore and looking downcast. It appears that Jon had told her that she was black flagged and being sent back for an early bath. How's that for being a bully!!

Mind you, I've also seen the same Jon 711 looking like an alsation with two tails as the East Coast Clubs cleaned up at the Prize Giving. Clearly, smug, Dabchicks and jon can all be used in the same sentence

D
David H
Ancient Geek

Re: Rumours from Netley

Post by Ancient Geek »

Well done!
Simples.
DavidC

Post by DavidC »

I'm saying nothing :twisted: :twisted: :D :D :P
jon711

Post by jon711 »

I must admit sending all 15 (YES fifteen!!) of the little cherubs home broke my heart. :cry:

The look on thier faces when they were told they were black flagged, would have made the hardest man cry, but as they said at the War Trials "I was only following orders"!! But I do have the feeling that the hard hearted Race Officer, must have a soft spot, only 5 of the fifteen came from his end of the line (I'm sure he let about 10 off!!)!! It was that cruel one on the pin end that got the most....

However, they set an example that all racers could follow, after every race nearly every one made a point of sailing over to say thank you, and when the cruel one was being run out to the pin end on EVERY start, they were not just happy, the smiles really did go from ear to ear!!

And as for the mudcrawlers winning most of the prizes, the standard of sailing throughout the fleet was so high, that it actually did surprise me!! I think about 90% of the prizes went to sailors from Eastern clubs, and a WOBYC girl was thrid girl in the TERA Sport at 19th, with another young lad from WOBYC at 20th. They are looking forward to beating the PRO & DRO in the Bloodbath at Oulton Week (In actual fact I think it excited them!!)

Jon