Lost Classes Rule The OUting of DaveH

Please use this area for off topic conversations and banter
alan williams

Lost Classes Rule The OUting of DaveH

Post by alan williams »

Hi Everyone
I thought it was time to OUT Dave H's "new " lost class boat. Rumour has it that we all guested correctly early on and he has just been winding us up. Said boat is apparently one of those that cause colour blindness and really reflects the bad taste of the late sixties. Yes it's one of those sickening coloured Proctor Typhoons.
Cheers Al
Last edited by alan williams on Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
davidh

Re: Lost Classes Rule The OUting of DaveH

Post by davidh »

Al..... I can't deny it, this is true...though if you look back I never actually said that it wasn't one. Only a journalist can twist the story and get away with being economical with the truth so there - I'm just behaving as I'm supposed to!

The boat in question is however 'special' as it is actually THE Proctor family boat.

I'll download some pics very shortly BUT... in an interesting cross reference, (re the recent string on bow profiles) - I would have to say that the hull from the front of the plate case to the point of the bow is very, very much Mirror14 territory. now timescales wise this is interesting as Peter Milne followed suit with that sweeping profile to allow for a very deep vee hull shape. As I say, all will become clear in teh pictures.

Not sure yet when the boat will hit the water as the early cvrda events are also Demay series so we'll be in the Smokers. But it will happen...and mghtily impressed you'll all be!

D
David H
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi
Dave are you sure you are not working for the gutter press and writing columns on things like Katie Price's T..s etc. Which would have given you the skills to be able to mislead us all for such along time?
Cheers Al
Last edited by alan williams on Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davidh

Post by davidh »

Al...looks like all my secrets are coming out now!

With respect to my swimming in the sewers with the othermembers of the profession, I still draw on sailing for inspiration. So, the particular bits of the lady's anatomy that you mentioned just have to be in the same categoryas the Finn!

Big, heavy, past their sell by date, yet still in each and every magazine you open!!

D
David H
neil
Site Admin

Post by neil »

and they cost a bloody fortune for new ones.
IC: K26
Harrier +: 2

Zenith's rebuild - www.pegasus18.com/zenith
Michael Brigg

Post by Michael Brigg »

alan williams wrote:Hi
Dave are you sure you are not working for the gutter press and writing columns on things like Katie Price's T..s etc. Which would have given you the skills to be able to mislead us all for such along time?
Cheers Al
Michael Brigg
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Did you mean to write something, Michael?
Rupert
Michael Brigg

Post by Michael Brigg »

Rupert wrote:Did you mean to write something, Michael?
Yes; My system has lost the posting twice :evil:
Michael Brigg
davidh

Post by davidh »

Buddah did it Michael.... as I'm sure you were about to make a pointed posting!

I too have had silicon implants... I've got sand in my sailing boots!!

D
David H
jpa_wfsc

Post by jpa_wfsc »

Do silicon implants provide positive buoyancy, thereby removing the need to wear a full Mae West?
j./

National 12 "Spider" 2523
Finn K468 'Captain Scarlet'

British Moth, 630, early 60's 'Pisces'

!!!! Not CVRDA !!!!
Comet Trio - something always ready to sail.
Michael Brigg

Post by Michael Brigg »

Lets try that again...
alan williams wrote:Hi
...writing columns on things like Katie Price's T..s etc.
Cheers Al
..............................................Image

This being the C.V.R.D.A. I would not expect reference to anyone other then the original Mae West

http://www.silverscreensuppers.com/wp-c ... est009.jpg

By comparison Miss Price contains very little original material and was concieved some while after 1965.

However, perhaps in some distant future we will refer to that gybing downwind sail they used to have on classic dinghies as a "Jordan," or perhaps even "Dressing Katy Price."

...But I suspect by then she will be a lost class. Actually, lost it a long time ago...

http://www.mikepeytoncartoons.co.uk/folder1/card-04.jpg
Michael Brigg
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Michael Brigg wrote:By comparison Miss Price contains very little original material and was concieved some while after 1965.
Possibly not as long after 1965 as she would like us to think... and the design has been around for far longer...
Rupert
davidh

Post by davidh »

Hmmnn... think I'd like to strip of the outer layers with the heat gun (think nitromors might be a big aggressive for the substrate) then give it a good rub down with some wet and dry..... then touch it up with a lick of the varnish brush..........

Do you still have those out of date samples Dr. Briggs.......

But with regard to her eligability for a classic event, I refer you to the recent string that was solved by the quote from Slocum.... as long as a single toenail is original, then she be a classic!

D
David H
Michael Brigg

Post by Michael Brigg »

davidh wrote:Hmmnn... think I'd like to strip of the outer layers with the heat gun (think nitromors might be a big aggressive for the substrate) then give it a good rub down with some wet and dry..... then touch it up with a lick of the varnish brush..........

Do you still have those out of date samples Dr. Briggs.......

D
Hmmm,...Digging up the dirt.

As might be expected David, the Rigging signal of 2 balls hoisted up the mast indicate that your vessel is "engaged in dredging operations!" :roll:
Michael Brigg