I dont believe it

Please use this area for off topic conversations and banter
momentum

Re: I dont believe it

Post by momentum »

I'm pretty sure the Laser sailors also have a comment or two about those of us who restore elderly dinghies with little or no likelihood of getting costs back in any subsequent resale.

Guess with so many Lasers out there its easy for us all to recollect a few bad behaviours of their sailors. Lets also not forget the very considerate sailors amongst them, who have taken every effort to avoid putting a hole in our pride and joys when we have messed up on the water.

Have to admit, I'm already looking forward to seeing an original laser - with wooden tiller;Elvestroem Sails; wooden grab rails; wooden foils etc at a historic event in the future.

BTW
Subject to coats of paint and resin setting in time - should be making it to Whitefriars.
Mo Mentum
Michael Brigg

Post by Michael Brigg »

momentum wrote:I'm pretty sure the Laser sailors also have a comment or two about those of us who restore elderly dinghies.
I rather suspect it would resemble Jeremy Clarkson on Caravans!

momentum wrote:Have to admit, I'm already looking forward to seeing an original laser - with wooden tiller;Elvestroem Sails; wooden grab rails; wooden foils etc at a historic event in the future.

As you say, I have always been of the opinion that if L***r #1, or maybe Ben's Medal winning boat showed up at a meeting we would happily welcome the owner and even stand him a drink...(while we stoked up the BBQ! :twisted: :lol: )
Michael Brigg
Pat

Post by Pat »

Have to admit, I'm already looking forward to seeing an original laser - with wooden tiller;Elvestroem Sails; wooden grab rails; wooden foils etc at a historic event in the future.
I hadn't even registered that wooden grab rails weren't the norm, as we've been working on an old 4 digit Laser with them recently for my nephew! Doesn't seem any different to any other Laser though, apart from the very seventies gel coat colours - the downside of one design.
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Michael Brigg wrote:
Rupert wrote:Lets discuss it again in 4 months... meanwhile, lets go by the thread's title and expand on things a bit... I don't believe the price of hiring portaloos - one quote I had for 2 loos for 4 days was £170 + VAT... Rapid Hire came in cheaper at £90 +VAT - anyone know of cheaper?
I don't believe it!

Camping at Whitefriars for the National rallies and it looks as though Rupert is promising us Canvas tents and a wooden trestle, over a 3' pit full of blue smelly liquid!

Ahh happy days!! :lol: :? :oops:

I was going to dig it under your tent, Michael!
Rupert
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

momentum wrote: BTW
Subject to coats of paint and resin setting in time - should be making it to Whitefriars.
Looking forward to seeing you there, Mr Mo! Is this in the Solo?
Rupert
momentum

Post by momentum »

Using this event as motivation to crack on with the bodging of the Solo which has stalled recently.

Trying to keep quiet about leaving promptly on the Monday and heading straight to Weymouth - because I will be trolley dolley for a national event of 'classic' boats !!
Mo Mentum
keithr

Post by keithr »

We had a visit before cvrda by a PBO contributor who brought a brand new Swallow cruiser to sail on a wild inland water, I will contact him when I get back from holiday (Caravan at Rutland, no sailing but have pedalled round RW)
Two Peggies 199,100,
Flying fifteen 1855,
Flying fifteen 204 (now in the barn)
Sunbird