It must be Love

Please use this area for off topic conversations and banter
roger

It must be Love

Post by roger »

Well Chris kindly offered to take shoestring over to Garrys house for me where she is staying for the winter while I have some building work done.
So on Friday I left her in the garden on the trailor for Chris to pick up while I went to work.

The builder started grinding out the mortar and it was blowing over the boat and getting damp and turning into grinding paste.

So being the wonderful wife she is Angie decided she needed covering up(the boat that is). So she got her "white company"(I gather they are a bit special) sheets out and draped them over the boat.

I ask how many wives would do that? Best sheets ruined to protect my boat. Bloody marvellous thats what I say. :D
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Max McCarthy

Re: It must be Love

Post by Max McCarthy »

My mum would do that, but I am not married yet (I'm only 15!). My mum also recently helped a lot with the second dinghy in our garden we have had (within three months - after saying I will get a sailing dinghy, but only when I have left home!) she also helped a lot when we took the boat to my club.
AC 298 TimeWarp
Cherub 2627 - Sgt Murphy (nee Last Amber Dragon)
Farr 3.7 (slowly progressing build)
National 12 3337
Michael Brigg

Post by Michael Brigg »

roger wrote: ...So being the wonderful wife she is Angie decided she needed covering up(the boat that is). So she got her "white company"(I gather they are a bit special) sheets out and draped them over the boat.

I ask how many wives would do that? Best sheets ruined to protect my boat. Bloody marvellous thats what I say. :D

Sounds more like a hint about where you'll be sleeping if you get that Mini-sprint!! :twisted:
Michael Brigg
roger

Post by roger »

Michael Brigg wrote:
roger wrote: ...So being the wonderful wife she is Angie decided she needed covering up(the boat that is). So she got her "white company"(I gather they are a bit special) sheets out and draped them over the boat.

Sounds more like a hint about where you'll be sleeping if you get that Mini-sprint!! :twisted:
Micheal what do you mean if.
currently sitting on my drive awaiting the attention of a power wash.
On the whole in pretty good nick the rudder needs sorting out/replacing, cb will do for now and plank nees drying out.
All the ropes need a good clean and then I will decide if they need replacing.

Just need to ask Rupert where theweak point is on the tiller/rudder and make it so it is stronger
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Pat

Post by Pat »

Just need to ask Rupert where theweak point is on the tiller/rudder and make it so it is stronger
You don't fancy spending Saturday afternoons in Homebase car park then? :D

Well done Angie too, but will it cost you in new sheets?.

Cheddar's a popular place for our old boats this year - I think I've got a place there for Half Cut in the sailing club storage sheds next to another Merlin of the same era.
Michael Brigg

Post by Michael Brigg »

roger wrote:
Michael Brigg wrote:

Micheal what do you mean if.
currently sitting on my drive awaiting the attention of a power wash.
On the whole in pretty good nick the rudder needs sorting out/replacing, cb will do for now and plank nees drying out.
All the ropes need a good clean and then I will decide if they need replacing.

Well well Roger you're a sly fox!! :lol: 8) :roll:

We'll all have to form an orderly queue at the next meeting!

Clearly this is your special year for the "Want to take home" ribband :) :) :)
Michael Brigg