Annual awards

Please use this area for off topic conversations and banter
PeterV

Re: Annual awards

Post by PeterV »

So the professional goes to the top of the boat tart scores with 14 as I make it. Clearly in a league of his own!
And 2nd in the boat dealer tables with 7, if that's a quiet year!
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
roger

Post by roger »

I thought it was a quiet year until I added them all up.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
GAVinT

Post by GAVinT »

Very much under par this year, nearly as bad last , much room for improvement.

Boats purchased
Mirror 1, Minisail 1, Firefly1, =3 X 2=6 (all CVRDA eligible)
Boats sold. Merlin Rocket 1, =1X 1+6=7
Boats sailed 0+7= 7
Major repairs, to self, no boats involved. 1 stitch but no glue job. Not sure of the tensile strength of the copper wire used in fortifying chest, which had the effect of restricting sailing etc further.
Physio rehab continues apace, so hopefully will be back into sailing after well over a years non participation, next year.

Good fun thread anyway, cheers for that.
Lukey T

Post by Lukey T »

Boat Builder: Stem, Garboard (if thats what its called), Port Gunnel (1 Piece of wood), Starboard Gunnel (3 Pieces), Transom, Port inwale (i forget how many times), starboard inwale (many times still clamped now), thwart. 16

Boat Tart: Cvrda 3 General 19(not sure if that counts though).

Boat Dealer: 2

I score: 16,3(19),2
Luke

MR3296 Seventh Heaven
Michael Brigg

Post by Michael Brigg »

I have to 'fess up to my sins over the year and a brief look at Wikepedia indicates I am well and truly condmned to Dante's inner circle.

I aspire to being the owner of a boat everyone would take home. Thus I am guilty of intent of Pride. 8)

My lack of entry to the Garage and the Canoe in the rafters daily accuses me of Sloth :oops:

Very little progress on "getting on the water."....thereby causing me to commit Wrath, Envy, and Lust. :evil:

...and when I finally got out on the wet stuff at Bosham I sailed in such conditions I should never have attempted. Clearly Gluttony. :twisted:

However it is in my aspiration for the "Tart" prize, that I show the clearest tendency to commit a sin with absolutely no intent of remorse. Greed with intent... (I want to try before I die... a Hornet, a Wooden 505, a Jollyboat, a contender, a tornado, a Dutchman, an IC, a pre-penultimate i14, a Finn, a Fireball, a National 18 the list goes on...

Sadly I must take you allwith me. It is a sin that can only be fulfilled by my friends at the CVRDA!

Lets all have a new year filled with intemperance and gluttony!
Michael Brigg
davidh

Post by davidh »

Michael,

Just for you........(because you are one of the good guys, or so they said) but if we get some reasonable weather this spring summer, please come and try a wooden 505 and a woodie contender - both just along the road from you.

better still, I'll even crew for you in the 505 (then both of us will know what we're doing).

And... you could, at a push, take in a sail in a smokers too!

D
David H
JimC

Post by JimC »

Michael Brigg wrote:(I want to try before I die..., an IC,
Any weekend you fancy driving up to West Molesey you can cross that one off. My IC is always available for trips round the bay^h^h^h reservoir...

------------

And I think you need to check up on your Dante: you'll be glad to here that none of those you listed are inner circle stuff: violence, fraud and treachery are the really high value ones. Amusingly I note that I reckon net trolls will count as sowers of discord and get to bolgia 8 in circle 8, pretty near the centre, where they'll be sliced apart with swords...
davidh

Post by davidh »

Jim,

If MB gets on the helm of the five-O then he'll scoop the pool of the really bad ones...........

Violence: get out on the wire OR ELSE!

Fraud: You're okay to go out on the wire, I'll keep you out there okay.........

Treachery: I Lied...... (as he lets go of the mainsheet putting the crew into the cold wet stuff head first).

The more 'learn-ed' the helm, the more the above apply!

D
David H
Michael Brigg

Post by Michael Brigg »

JimC wrote:
Michael Brigg wrote:(I want to try before I die..., an IC,
Any weekend you fancy driving up to West Molesey you can cross that one off. My IC is always available for trips round the bay^h^h^h reservoir...

------------

And I think you need to check up on your Dante: you'll be glad to here that none of those you listed are inner circle stuff: violence, fraud and treachery are the really high value ones. Amusingly I note that I reckon net trolls will count as sowers of discord and get to bolgia 8 in circle 8, pretty near the centre, where they'll be sliced apart with swords...
This is all a very generous offer that I must take up!

I confess that Dante was not my major. (But apparently in the booth Men confess mostly to lust, and women to Pride.)

Would an implication of "Ganging up" by Danes and Dutchmen count as "sewing discord?" :P By all accounts it was said to have caused a bout of Wrath!! :twisted:
Michael Brigg
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi Mike
You would also be welcome at Roadford to try a Finn a modern one or a classic, so you can compare the difference 35 years makes in the development of the boat.
Cheers Al
davidh

Post by davidh »

I didn't think one confessed to lust...........

More like Oliver Twist ........."can I have some more please"?

hohoho

D
David H
roger

Post by roger »

Micheal, I can arrange plank and trap Hornets, and probably an FD. I to lust after Davids not quite qualifying 5o and he has promised me that ride but not yet come up with the goods.

IC is just lovely and I only capsized once and that was to windward. Must try again.

To many boats.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Bootscooter
Location: Oxfordshire or Lincolnshire (depending on if I can get a weekend off)

Post by Bootscooter »

davidh wrote:Michael,

Just for you........(because you are one of the good guys, or so they said) but if we get some reasonable weather this spring summer, please come and try a wooden 505
D

COR! Could you please post a picture of this David, just to fire up my 5Oh lust a bit more? Always loved the shape (it was my Dad's 1st boat), and I'd love to see one in varnished wood. 8) 8) 8)
Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

Have often thought it would be good to have an 'extra' day at a big event....say at 'Roadford' to have a "Sail another man's classic". Where we could (within care and reason) share our dinghies around for a day and let people try out some of the other boats that they have dreamed about.

It could only encourage people to try out other classes and extend our interests and I suspect ownership.

Of course, Michael you would be more than welcome to sail the Jollyboat. Maybe we should consider teaming up to sail the Jollyboat at Bosham next year?

Anyway.....what do others think about this.

We have discussed doing this over a lunch-break before, but it was never enough time, hence taking a whole day would most probably work better.

cheers

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

The Saturdays at Clywedog and Hunts are the obvious candidates. Go in a Minisail, anyone? Anyone at all????
Rupert