Tempo Scow repair Glue.

Please use this area for off topic conversations and banter
ianmgds

Tempo Scow repair Glue.

Post by ianmgds »

I have to do a repair on my ply tempo scow due to an unfortunate incident when putting her to bed at the end of last summer :oops: . I holed her and am looking to replace a panel of ply. Can someone tell me a good glue and where to get it to set the new panel in place. I am hoping to do the repair over the Easter weekend.

Thanks

Ian
chris

Re: Tempo Scow repair Glue.

Post by chris »

I think epoxy would be most people's choice but the timber must be quite dry and in this cold it could be a problem getting it to cure. Heat from a lamp or something might help.
There are other glues that are happy with more moisture in the timber, in fact some actually need the moisture to start them working.
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

If not epoxy (and if too wet/cold for epoxy, then you have to wonder about delaying the job) then foaming polyurethane glue is good for jobs with a reasonable gluing surface. But, it expands, so you need more weight/screws/clamps. Likes moisture, though.

Robbins timber sells all the glues and I think will post them. Otherwise, the internet, or if you live close to a boat shop, they will sell it, possibly at a premium, but also in small amounts if needed.
Rupert
neil
Site Admin

Post by neil »

Balcotan is your friend. I see they've changed the name

http://marinestore.co.uk/Collano_Sempar ... ment_.html
IC: K26
Harrier +: 2

Zenith's rebuild - www.pegasus18.com/zenith