Lost Classes - Laser M?

Please use this area for off topic conversations and banter
JimC

Lost Classes - Laser M?

Post by JimC »

Indubitally a Lost Class, but what would we do if someone turned up with one?

(he said stirringly)
Rupert

Re: Lost Classes - Laser M?

Post by Rupert »

Suggest they put a newer rig on it and sail as a Laser or radial?

I've never been too convinced that the different rigs on a Laser actually make it into a different boat, except for the sake of internal divisions. To the outside world, a Laser is a Laser is a Laser.
Rupert
Pat

Post by Pat »

In practice, depending on the club's view, probably let them sail just this once and set out a suitable handicap for the day because we're inclusive.
But since the hull isn't a lost class they shouldn't qualify.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
davidh

Post by davidh »

Pat,

there speaketh the voice of reason - that's a very 'good' line to take.

But of bigger issues - what happened on Saturday? I hunted high and low for you both but - I thought you'd gotten stuck in the minefield that was the North Circular! I too found Luke many times saw nessa and nikki, Rupert from a distance but not once did I hear that charming Scottish brogue saying "mine's a pint" - AND I had big news for you!

Jim...like the question....what was interesting was that last years meeting at Blithfield was shared with the laser eps - a boat that is truly a 'lost class' (I'm not sure if the moulds were destroyed or not - they existed long after PS pulled the plug) How is the work coming on with the Pys?

D
David H
JimC

Post by JimC »

davidh wrote:How is the work coming on with the Pys?
1981 and dodgy carpal tunnels...
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I did hear a rumour that the eps moulds had gone, but it might not be true.

I have a feeling that while a group like the cvrda for the 90's lost classes sounds like a good idea, the boats simply don't have enough poeple obsessed with them to make it work. We have a pocket of eps's at Whitefriars, and they love them, but I don't think they see an affinity with the Iso or Laser 4000, say, like someone who sails a 1960's Finn will also likely love the FD.
Rupert
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi Rupert
EPS no chance. Now lets hope a certain person from Kent shuts up about it. Laser M seperate class no modified class yes how many people still have one? Would suggest that they play with the other children in the lasers. Boy am I in a bad mood this morning.
Cheers Alan