Any more info on this Osprey.

an area to discuss dinghy developments
DavidC

Post by DavidC »

It is obviously difficult to know what alterations have been made but I have two photos of Osprey number 1 sailing. One at La Baule in the trials and one on Chichester Harbour where more evaluation trials were carried out. Both these photos show the main sheeted to a horse on the transom. The horse looks square. The hull shape looks "flatter" than the later boats and a bit like this boat - having stood on my head to look at the picture!

I can't be sure about the MkII but I did do some drawings for the RYA some years ago which I think showed holes cut in the stern tanks of a MkI. Don't quote me but I think I was told that there was only ever one MkII and then the MkIII took over as a layout.

Either way this boat looks worth saving and sailing.
Ianphot

Post by Ianphot »

Hi All,

Do these help? - have a look at - http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/Ianphot/Osprey

Ian
LASERTOURIST

Post by LASERTOURIST »

for comparison, it would be interesting to scan and publish the photos of osprey N° 1...
I also noticed that the mystery boat has a kind of rubbing strake / keelson on the aft part of the inermost chine (it appears in bright blue as its vertical edge is not covered with dust) and some photos on the osprey site show this rubbings strakes / keelsons (excuse me for mistaking the technical termes) on more recent ospreys...