Unknown 13'-2" dinghy found in Arabia

an area to discuss dinghy developments
waterwolf

Re: Unknown 13'-2" dinghy found in Arabia

Post by waterwolf »

Hi Saudi Sailor
Stumbled across this thread yesterday and i think i can offer more. This hull looks almost identical to my boat "Water Wolf" which i have been struggling to id since i got it off a guy at our sailing club back in 2008. It has an id plate on it which says it is a Clubman 401 Designed by Peter Milne and made by Richmond Marine in Twickenham. History of mine is that it was an abandoned boat at the club which the previous owner picked up really cheap. He rigged it with Enterprise sails Centre Main & Jib, the mast is a 2 piece black aluminium round section (with an internal main & jib halyard) as is the boom. The hull appears identical to yours and the inside is almost the same - you can tell it has come from the same mould but with some adaptation. Mine has a dagger board instead of a rotating centre board and also has stowage covers for an outboard at the back and a stowage box immediately in front of the mast foot but if i remove these you can tell that its the same basic mould. It also has row locks and I have powered with an old Seagull outboard I have. The dagger board and rudder (had to rebuild it a couple of times) on mine is identical to ones i have seen on Skipper 14's but there is no foredeck on mine so I'm really interested to get some dimensions off yours because i was going make one as a project this year. She sails really nicely and picks up well in light winds. She compares favourably when sailed against an Enterprise a guy has at the club. I have posted a picture of water wolf under sail. I'll go round to the club and get more detailed pics of the inside etc. for you. If anyone has the details of the as-designed sail configuration i would like to see it please and also if it could be considered as a class boat then i could get a handicap for racing at my club.
(Struggling to attach pic got a "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached." error