Post by ALIBONE »

13ft7in by 5ft 10in can anyone help to indentify this dinghy
thanks in advance
DSCF0518_(2).jpg
(47.13 KiB) Downloaded 622 times
Nessa

Re: Mahogany sailing dinghy

Post by Nessa »

do you have a sail, does it have a logo? Presumably there are no makers plates in the hull?
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
ALIBONE

Post by ALIBONE »

Hi nessa
I am having one allfull time getting info from the seller so far i know she knows nothing about trailers but thats it .It looks like something Pape would build it has nice lines and would suite my racing intrests.Will update when more is known
keithr

Post by keithr »

looking at the trailer it is a welsh registration I think Bangor Nth Wales area so possibly a menai straits one design??

Keith
Two Peggies 199,100,
Flying fifteen 1855,
Flying fifteen 204 (now in the barn)
Sunbird
ALIBONE

Post by ALIBONE »

Your right for the area i will try and find more
Thanks
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

I'm sure this boat was on ebay a few months ago. The seller was also auctioning a smaller mahogany dinghy. From memory, I think these were said to be built by a relative.
ALIBONE

Post by ALIBONE »

Tanks for the info the small dinghy i have seen on boatsandoutboards about 11feet .I am still trying to make contact for the one which intrests me.If they where built by the family i should imagine that a plan of some sort exists,they are like a reduced menai one design as mentioned above.
Ancient Geek

Post by Ancient Geek »

Not sure this is worth a lot but the mainsheet horse and the curved was board look very mid-European lakes or Scandinavian to me and I am typing this on the shores of Lake Geneva looking at quite a few similar boats. The trailer is old and the number plate could be from anywhere in the world.
Simples.
ALIBONE

Post by ALIBONE »

Thanks for the lead ,
The boat is in Wales and i belive it was built by the owners father.It certainly has foreign lines.
I am still waiting for confirmation when to visit,as i have to arrange a trip from France where i live.If you see any boats simular where you are drop me a line please.
Ancient Geek

Post by Ancient Geek »

Well I am actualy back in Denmark now en route to UK but it has such a Baltic/European Lake look to it!
Simples.
ALIBONE

Post by ALIBONE »

I checked out the lakes in Europe and found the Xboat which is simular .i will just have to wait untill i can view the boat.
You certainly get around.
ALIBONE

Post by ALIBONE »

I have now made contact and will visit in November.This really is a one design and the only one built by a person who loved boats.I do not think there is a plan.A little work and i hope if the sale goes through the boat i want to sail.
ALIBONE

Post by ALIBONE »

I decided not to go for this boat as one its to far for me to travel and the price was to high
But i am on to something a lot more intresting a lot older even vintage could be a 1930s national 14 i will post info if all goes well.