magnum 8 info

an area to discuss dinghy developments
ptostu

Re: magnum 8 info

Post by ptostu »

Right peeps I'm still after some more photos 3020 and info on the mast arrange ment could do with a clear picture of the name if anybody has any cheers stu
Decending into insanity or is it an addiction

Int moth
Magnum 8 k3920
Mystery skoll
Skoll and crossbones
Shelly mk2 2825
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

Hi Stu,
I have been looking for a decent photo of "Prime 8" , but haven't been able come up with anything that shows the name very clearly. From memory it was a stylised version of the way I have written it with the intention of sounding like "primate" when read aloud.
As for the mast arrangement I wouldn't bother trying to put it back as it was originally as there were a few problems associated with having the gooseneck attached to the hull rather than on the mast. My preference would be to have the simpler Axeman style set up with the boom attached to the bottom of the mast via jaws as per the Mag 6 just lower down. I have some pics of early Aussie Axemen that I can scan if you need to see what I mean.
Cheers
Ian M
ptostu

Post by ptostu »

Thanks Ian if that's the case with the boom then I will just remake new brkts for the mast as I have just made a new set for my 6 ,gutted I can't.make next meet as i am already away and Clywedog was a how.many things can I brake weekend ,the hull of the 8 is nearly ready for paint ,I will post on moth forum and see if anybody has a good copy of the year book with it in and see if the name is clear
Stu
Decending into insanity or is it an addiction

Int moth
Magnum 8 k3920
Mystery skoll
Skoll and crossbones
Shelly mk2 2825