Minisail found

an area to discuss dinghy developments
moggy

Minisail found

Post by moggy »

Hi guys/gals

while clearing out boatpark out for bonfire night - I found this

when I asked about it.... oh that thing has been there for years!

there MIGHT even me a mast and sail in the store for it, and someone said if they knew what the rudder etc looked like that might be there too

If it of any use to anyone?? if so I'll ask the committee can it be removed

I don't think I dare take it on as SWMBO is moaning about the amount of GP's I have!

cheers

Gareth
GP14 - 7
GP14 -ex 23
GP14 - 13796

Enterprise - 20059
Rupert

Re: Minisail found

Post by Rupert »

Thanks Moggy,

I've put it up on the Minisail forum.
Rupert
kfz

Post by kfz »

Looks like something from Time Team....
GAVinT

Post by GAVinT »

Same as my Monaco Sprint hull.
Where is it located please?
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

The hull design is the same as the Minisprint MK2, but the MK2 has a tiny bit more freeboard aft, I think.

It does look like something from Time Team, doesn't it... from the GRP age, which looks like it closely followed the Iron Age in this case.
Rupert
moggy

Post by moggy »

gresford sailing club, nr Wrexham North Wales. about 20 mins from Chester

I'll see if I can have a look in the store next weekend when we clear up the bonfire as i've looked on the minisail site and saw what the rudder and daggerboard look like and i'm sure they are there

think from memroy there is a wooden mast with a sail wrapped around it so its prob off that too

I'll ask around today when I'm freezing on the water
GP14 - 7
GP14 -ex 23
GP14 - 13796

Enterprise - 20059
GAVinT

Post by GAVinT »

Thanks for the info Moggy, but it is far too far for me to consider.
Mine is exactly the same, Imageexcept the bit proud of the transom to accomodate the upper pintail seems damaged on this one.
Admitedly the cracks on my one at this juncture have been fibreglassed so maybe a weak point and who knows what gets put on top of these abandoned craft?
Mine is missing the bolt on sliding seat base-so I wonder if 'your one' used to be sailed as per(without seat-and housing)
One idea was to adapt my old Streaker mast and bits-still may do this-to make it more Toy like, but I can always borrow some of Sprite bits, however then I might just as well sail that.
However as I just started physio and wont be sailing anything again till next year, albeit resisting temptation is hard, at least I have given the Monaco hull a bit of a clean and it is back in situ*, no doubt to aquire a similar patina for the time team's approval, neglect it, that such primitive boats migrated as far west as Wales and the East of England, back in the day.