Mirror Mirror, on the wall - who is the fairest of them all?

an area to discuss dinghy developments
davidh

Re: Mirror Mirror, on the wall - who is the fairest of them

Post by davidh »

Pierre,

You certainly have 'grabbed' my attention! I don't suppose you took/kept any pictures?

I have to say that I am amazed at the interest that i've had to my Nevil Shute presentation (I'm doing it again at hayling in a fortnights time) - okay, the main audiences are sailing clubs and the like (that, or locations around the solent).

A well, keeps one off the streets........

D
David H
davidh

Post by davidh »

Great news - have new information on how the Mirror dinghy came into being that is something of a change to the previously understood story! Will 'tell all' (and show the pictures that have come into my possession) at the Show then I hope will get the chance to write the story for a magazine after!

but it is 'good' news!!

D
David H
pierre

Post by pierre »

davidh wrote:Pierre,
You certainly have 'grabbed' my attention! I don't suppose you took/kept any pictures?

I have to say that I am amazed at the interest that i've had to my Nevil Shute presentation (I'm doing it again at hayling in a fortnights time) - okay, the main audiences are sailing clubs and the like (that, or locations around the solent).

A well, keeps one off the streets........
D
I shall have a look David. I am not sure if I have any of Runagate. I am sure I had a couple of us moored up in Gibraltar. It requires some rummaging round.
I do have a great many memories of the trip though. Leaving Camaret after Bastille celebrations in a brisk F5 and sunshine to cross Biscay, which soon became a F8 and jolly exciting I can tell you. Bloody good boat in big seas. Ports of call on the way to Gib were Camaret, Camarinas, Vigo, Lisbon and then Gib. (with a quick trip over to Tangier). 1975 or 76 I think.
Osprey 1137
davidh

Post by davidh »

I just wanted to close off this thread with a huge thank you to everyone who helped out - in whatever fashion - with the Mirror talk. There was a real birthday feel to the weekend - though Sunday was undoubtedly 'quiet' by Dinghy Show standards!

A big thanks to you all

D
David H