Tony Allen and the TOY dinghy

an area to discuss dinghy developments
solentgal

Re: Tony Allen and the TOY dinghy

Post by solentgal »

David...........Just in time.... I sorted out all my photos on the computer last week and consigned many to the recycle bin......which is where I eventually found the ones I have of "The Girlfriend". If you PM me an email address I will send what I have...poor quality though I'm afraid as I had an old cheap phone back then.

I feel we may not have seen the last of her possibly.........she wasn't in very good order when I got her as you probably remember, and she got worse after being wrecked by the local kids, and as I couldn't get her in the garage (too wide to get in and out without tipping her on edge every time, and no room to work round her inside) I rather lost heart I'm afraid....but having sold off various bits to get some cash back, the hull went to a chap who may have been a sailor...possibly from the Southampton area.....that is just a guess though. I was expecting her to end up as a garden feature, but when he turned up to collect her, I got the impression he knew a bit about boats. He was a man of few words .....probably restraining himself from giving an opinion on my apparent lack of concern for disposing of a (potentially) beautiful boat........far from the truth though, as it troubled me greatly, and still does! So it would not surprise me if she turns up as a full resto at some point......a brave job though.
Sami.
davidh

Re: Tony Allen and the TOY dinghy

Post by davidh »

Sami,

thank you for getting back to me!

dougal@davidhenshallmedia.co.uk will reach me just fine!

Sadly Sami, the fate of your boat was probably (almost definitely shared by another highly promising one off, my own and 'beloved' 3199 'Forever Autumn'. A shame to see these important boats (in terms of MR history) fall by the wayside but there isn't the appetite within big chunks of the class to do much about it!

D
David H