11+

an area to discuss dinghy developments
ent228

11+

Post by ent228 »

Just come across this link to the 11+ brochure, nice reading.

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/SalEMoore ... directlink

Riv
JimC

Re: 11+

Post by JimC »

That's a bit of a find: the poster appears to be the designer's daughter. There are a couple of other Plus publicity documents from her in the same area
solentgal

Post by solentgal »

That was very timely, thank you. We have just acquired an 11+ that is probably a bit too much of a project sadly...... I would be tempted to tackle it if it had arrived with the sails (I was told they were present) but now I think it may not get done. It does have a good mast, boom, rudder etc if anyone is looking for these items, but the hull would need a lot of work.
Sami.
STEVEB

Post by STEVEB »

Hi,
I have a pretty good hull but also no sails.
Steve
STEVE
Mermaid 137
Laser 41420
Streaker 1331
JimC

Post by JimC »

Jeckells have all the patterns for new Plus sails, I know because I checked a few years back when I got one. Mine isn't bad, but I need to replace some veneer on the side tanks and haven't got round to it 'cause its a bit outside my comfort zone. I do have sails but they are, well, not in a condition I'd be prepared to use...

The one thing that intrigues me is how the ply was put on the side tanks... Because they curve back under they surely can't have been put on with the shell complete, but judging by the pictures in those brochures the frame was assembled without the tank ply on, so I can only suppose you did tanks first, then floor. I don't know what you do if the tanks start leaking!

Always thought its a pity they didn't have tanks for and aft under the decks, but then I loathe buoyancy bags!
ent228

Post by ent228 »

Could these details be added to the dinghy database?
Pat

Post by Pat »

I'd love to add the images to the dinghy database but would need permission from the owner/author/publisher (not sure which) because of copyright which means we will probably end up with a write-up based on the brochures instead.

Any volunteers to write about it (or any other class)can email their text or even just bits of information to me (button below) or via the dinghy database contact page http://www.cvrda.org/wp-cvrda/dinghy-database-contact/
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
11+Paul

Post by 11+Paul »

A true English gentleman from Berkshire constructed, in 1958, a beautiful 11+, no. 429.
He used to sail it regularly, usually in his shirt sleeves and occasionally in the company of his Dalmatian dog!
He sadly passed away in the late 60's, but his daughter continued to sail her. Until 1970 that is. Luckily she was carefully dry stored and now survives in totally original condition. Museum condition.
She's a beautiful designed and constructed boat, and is a delight to be in and to sail.
The owner passed on the original building instructions booklet, and the original sales brochure.
Michael4

Post by Michael4 »

And here is 11+ 429, for sale (I think again), looking very pretty.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Beautiful-11- ... 1438.l2649

I think she was on Ebay a couple of years ago.

I fear I am attracted to the 11+ and sorely tempted...but then I am sucker for rolled decks.
Tideway 206
11+
Sold the 'Something bigger and plastic', it never got used.