GP14 age and 3 stud trailer wheel availability?

an area to discuss dinghy developments
jpa_wfsc

Re: GP14 age and 3 stud trailer wheel availability?

Post by jpa_wfsc »

roger wrote:How about a simple ratchet on each wheel. Off for launching and then flick it to lock (one for each wheel) and then you can do your zig sagging up the slip.
Only issue I can see is you will have to get your knees wet to flip the ratchets on.

Just a thought I am sure our technical bods can come up with a better version.
Maybe, bike disc brakes would work, with one on each wheel, and the usual (but long) bike cables to work them.
j./

National 12 "Spider" 2523
Finn K468 'Captain Scarlet'

British Moth, 630, early 60's 'Pisces'

!!!! Not CVRDA !!!!
Comet Trio - something always ready to sail.
nickbw

Post by nickbw »

I have a short but quite steep drive uphill from the garage with a lawn adjacent to it where I park a wooden Enterprise ( circa 1960) and a wooden GP14 (1961) but to keep the gras mowed I have to juggle them around and I do not have any neighbours to help. Last week in pulling the GP14 off the drive to put it onto the lawn I sprained my ankle badly. This experience has forced me to the conclusion I should sell both wooden boats and just use the club boats. Maybe get a Topper in case my kids want to sail.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

I did see a big electric launch trolley a few years ago - (17ft trimaran). It had motors in the hubs and a wireless remote so you could send it back up the slip whilst you held the boat. You could also bring it down remotely when you got back.

Total gadget points
Metallurgix

Post by Metallurgix »

I'd guess the boat is 69 - 71. I have an old Snipe trailer with 3 stud wheels which I will shortly need to find a new home for. Contact me if interested.
John Mason.

International 14 K1095 "Bird of Dawning"
International 14 K924 "Hipollyte" (on the back burner)
GP14 12290 (on the back burner)