an area to discuss dinghy developments
- Posts: 48
- Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:02 pm
- Location: Bradwell-on-sea, Essex
item 281946873310 on eBay - is listed as a "National Sailing Boat" - but its 14ft long and 5.1/2ft wide - doesn't sound "National" to me, more like early "Merlin" - opinions please, urgently (I've asked for a sail number, which appears to be on the thwart (another pointer??))
- Posts: 212
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:18 pm
There's already a thread going for this... consensus seems to be that it's a 1955 Proctor designed N12... the number on the thwart is 1776, which ties up nicely with the N12 database...
Int Moth K2992
- Posts: 112
- Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:27 pm
- Location: Earith, Cambs. United Kingdom
This is definitely a 12 - the metal plate gives this away and M/R 1776 is a Bob Hoare Mk.9 and this has a W & C name plate.