Seamark Nunn OKs

an area to discuss dinghy developments
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Having just seen that Mr Rollinson of the David variety has bought an OK, my eye was caught by an all GRP one up for sale. Anyone have views on Saemark Nunn OKs, please? I'd expect it to be heavy, but anything that says "don't do it!"?
Rupert
david r

Post by david r »

Rupert - mine is a Seamark-Nunn composite - 2.5kg overweight when new so not too bad - but then I don't know yet how much weight it has gained in 30+ yrs - hopefully not too much
Don O'Donnell composite boats were better & faster I gather (most are less than 25yrs old as well I think) but they don't come up very often - & I wanted one now
Mine really needs redecking - but for now I intend to just sail it and look at it again next winter
See you at Bristol
David R
Alan Price

Post by Alan Price »

Hello Rupert and David.

David, Have just posted to you on the events/Baltic thread before seeing this.My O'Donnell composite,no.1963 of 1981 was 3kg overweight when first measured.1211 is an all wood Crew from 1968 and still has 4.5 pounds of lead!!.

Rupert.All glass Seamarks were a bit heavy and not very stiff but were a brave attempt at an off the self plastic boat and sold well. Not going to be fast but if you can find one that has'nt gone floppy, should still provide some fun but then they ALL do.Got to be cheap. Bare in mind £400/£500 will buy an elderly but sound and sorted composite or all wood boat. Even an O'Donnell if you can find one.
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Thank you both. The idea is to get an all glass boat to sit outside all year. I'll keep tracking it on ebay!
Rupert
Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Hi folks, o'donnels do come along, my boat 1644 all wood cost err!!! £50-00. Looks as tho we may have fleet status next year by all this enthusiasum , they are a great boat to sail tho definatly my favourate single hander . I expect i will be doing a bit more enting again next year now Debs neck is settling down a bit . :D
DJSpencer-Smith
Mark

Post by Mark »

My last OK was a SN all glass....very heavy, but still good fun
RC Laser 898
Mirror 67423 Dawn Run
British Moth730 Moneybox
http://karencollyer.net
DRLee

Post by DRLee »

If anyone is looking for an O'Donnell foam composite OK, I will have 2017 up for sale very shortly (just finishing a refurb). However, she is only 20 years old so is not yet CVRDA able. I would like to keep the OK, but three boats is too many and my wife is laying down the law after I bought an Int Canoe recently!

Dave
DavidC

Post by DavidC »

Hi Rupert

There is a Seamark Nunn on Ebay at present. Looks worth a go. no bids so far.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... Track=true
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Thats the one...
Rupert
Alan Price

Post by Alan Price »

Some chat and quite a bit of info on this particular boat and Seamarks generally on the forum in the "Technical" bit on http://www.okdinghy.co.uk
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Yes, a little too much interest for my liking - have to see how many bids come from it all...
Rupert
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Went past my limit...but it was mine with 1 minute to go...silly old ebay!
Rupert
davidh

Post by davidh »

I'm not sure about boat buying on ebay but I seem to have done well recently getting fittings and cordage from the site. If i'd been smarter I could have had pop rivets and self tappers too - and all at a fraction of the cost of such gear at the local chandlers.

D
David H
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

The stainless rigging/bottle screws are really cheap too and have had no problem with them. Good selection as well.

This will take you to the ebay shop

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-x-BRAND-NEW-8mm ... dZViewItem