Finn rudder

share hints, tips and experiences
Greebo

Finn rudder

Post by Greebo »

Hi all,

My "new" old Finn needs a rudder and I forgot to draw round the rudder of the Finn I just sold, so I'm looking for the figures to define the outline. The class rules don't give them.

I've tried the BFA had no reply, and the IFA with the same response.
I believe the measurements were included in class rules in the 70's. Does anyone know where I can get them from?

Greebo
neil
Site Admin

Post by neil »

Hi

have you emailed Brian Porter, the Finn Class sec? His email is secretary@finnuk.org.uk and he is very quick to repsond to queries.

Regards

Neil
IC: K26
Harrier +: 2

Zenith's rebuild - www.pegasus18.com/zenith
fatboyfinn

Post by fatboyfinn »

I've got some 66 rules they may have the outline. But failing that I'll draw round one of my rudders. And if you give me your address I'll send it to you.

Andy

Finn 563 and 373
and also a Telstar Trimaran
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

You'll probably need a template. When I last made a Finn rudder I borrowed a measurer's template. I'm making another one now and using my lifting rudder as a template. To my knowledge the rules never had the dimensions, it was just 'template +/- 5mm'.
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
fatboyfinn

Post by fatboyfinn »

I've just scanned a drawing in Finnlog showing the rudder - if you would like me to email it to just give me your address.

Andy
Greebo

Post by Greebo »

Hi all,

Thanks for all the offers of help, First I'll have a final go with the BFA and Brian Porter.

The offsets for the hull are available but not the rudder, most strange as I would have expected them to be together, the rudder being a really complex shape.

Someone somewhere has the data to generate the templates.....

Regards

Greebo