Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it
Michael Brigg

Re: Fixing tubeless trailer tyre

Post by Michael Brigg »

"Dreams of Glory" in which poor Reggie Mustard, always a steady "middle of the fleet man" partixcipates a little liberrally at the pre-race dinner.

Imagine the boat speeding to the line, the spinnaker pulling so hard that you canot move forward without risking a nose dive. How is the beast to be tamed??

For the rest of the story, the Shakewell afloat book is still in print from a supplier in Westbourne, West Sussex. "In the barn" bookshop or something.

The Book Barn
White Chimney Row
Westbourne
Hampshire
PO10 8RS
UK

http://www.kennethmason.co.uk/shop/products/40

Haven't you got it? (I suggest a hint to the birthday fairy.)
Last edited by Michael Brigg on Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Brigg
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

I'm sure you'll have fixed it by now but I've often had this problem with tubeless trailer and motorbike tyres. Even with a garage airline it can be difficult to get the bead to seal but I've nealry always been able to do it by gently pressing down on the top of the tyre (after a bit of trial and error) to stop the air rushing out. A tyre fitter's airline gives out a lot more air so they are always succesful and rarely charge.
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi Ed
Off topic I know. I've used absolute alcohol in the pass to wash film, evapourates in about 15 seconds giving good results but not archival. Tried the meths thing burnt fingers, results inconclusive as dropped film as a result of this. It's very dirty now so will have to wash in rise aid anyway.
Cheers Al
ps The alcohol hardens the emulsion.