Enterprise - again!!

share hints, tips and experiences
Garry R

Re: Enterprise - again!!

Post by Garry R »

Nessa - trick is to concentrate on one at a time. As someone said to me "Oh lord when thou givest it your servants to endeavour in any great matter grant us also to know it is not the begining but the continuing of the same until it be thoroughly finished that yieldeth the true glory".

While on the subject - does anyone have the measurement of the transom to the self bailer position for the Enterprise. I stupidly pulled the rotten floor out with the bailer before measuring!!
roger

Post by roger »

Looking good Gary.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Ancient Geek

Post by Ancient Geek »

Garry's very apposite posting of the Prayer or letter of Sir Francis Drake to Lord Walsingham is a reminder to us all, I think I posted this originally some months back regarding Agamemnon?
Nessa next time a Greek (Or non-GreeK!) comes bearing gifts direct him or her to the village bonfire it may sound sacriledge but one of each moribund class is enough! Boats on their transoms make good bonfires and the copper and brass fastenings add a wonderful colour to the flames! Two years ago the Royal Danish YC "Midt Sommer bonfire" was four very rotten National 12's imported for the Danes including a certain 17-18 year old Poul Bert Elvestrom to practice for the 1948 Olympics in when they could not get Fireflys! They had lain around collecting work & wet rot, I did salvage the inkwell mast steps centrplates and things some of which have found their way onto CVRDA members boats. Wonderful bonfire though!
Simples.
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

Just about there. Mast length and a too short garage allied to snow and sleet means that the mast is the last thing to do but the hull iscomplete - centreboard in, thwarts all in, buoyancy bags in - a long road but quite happy. Hull in storm blue. Now to sail it and commit some brief adultery against my true love - the Merlin!!!!
Attachments
IMG_0590.JPG
(132.77 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
IMG_0589.JPG
(127.16 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

The white blobs are snow flakes falling as the photo was taken!!!!
Pat

Post by Pat »

Brilliant!! Another concourse winner. Round of applause for Garry :D