Tabernackle

share hints, tips and experiences
Darvillg

Tabernackle

Post by Darvillg »

Hi all, I am in the process of restoring a very nice 1965 11 plus, it has only been sailed twice, i have all the mast and boom which look new, I am missing the tabernacle jack which fits under the mast foot, if i cant get one does any one have the bronze pin that fits the old rotating wooden masts used to be found on Graduate masts, also I am going to have to either get new sails made or cut down some old Grad sails, does anyone know of any dead 11 plusses lying around. Once restored the boat will be up for sale, I have all the original plans and hopefully pictures of when she was launched.
Nessa

Re: Tabernackle

Post by Nessa »

there was a thread in Y&Y very recently asking about a py for these as the club was still sailing them. I will have a trawl and see if I can find it...

I have to say I was tempted by the boat when I saw it on ebay and had I had more space.....
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
JimC

Post by JimC »

Darvillg wrote:I am missing the tabernacle jack which fits under the mast foot, if i cant get one.
If you fancy getting one made up I have one so I could supply full drawings , photos etc as a pattern, but its not going to leave my boat. It ought not to be the most complex of jobs for a non ferrous shop...
cweed

Post by cweed »

I have an Otter with a gunter rig and the mast rotates on a pin inserted into the foredeck and the base of the mast. I made a 'bearing' to rotate upon from tufnol. I use a pin made of solid stainless steel and have a spare made from alloy. The pins are only such material as i had to hand, biut are satisfactory.