Hornet Centre Board.

share hints, tips and experiences
Demon

Hornet Centre Board.

Post by Demon »

Had a little bit of a hiccup with the centre board on the Hornet, its started dopping to bits!!

Its coming away in places where i assume it was glued together. I was surprised to find no dowels, and it just glued!

My only issue is:- I dont do woodwork! I hate woodwork (still working out why i got a wooden boat :roll: :roll: )

Does anyone know where (in the south east) i could get it fixed/refurbed? I am limited in my skills to a bit of rubbing down and painting/varnishing!

Cheers

Mark
JimC

Re: Hornet Centre Board.

Post by JimC »

what, made of vertical strips and the strips are coming unglued? Simple enough job, you need a workmate, some sandpaper, some strip wood to make a little jig and some epoxy resin... Wherein the SE are you?
Demon

Post by Demon »

JimC wrote:what, made of vertical strips and the strips are coming unglued?
Yep, got all the parts still to re-glue

JimC wrote:Wherein the SE are you?
Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire.
GAVinT

Post by GAVinT »

Blimey I used to drive a truck for WC Ware aka Hertford Timber down Essex Road, alongside the River Lea (also adjacent to Rye House, when I went Speedwaying there too, back in the seventees), if they are still going couldnt they fix your problem, int' mill.
I have both a Solo one and Phantom one if anyone needs one of either in the Ipswich/Colchester vicinity incidentally, but please no time wasting thanks.