Fly Class Training dingy

share hints, tips and experiences
msanderson

Fly Class Training dingy

Post by msanderson »

I have a Fly trainer sailing dinghy which I am refurbishing. This very small class was designed by R Fillery and upgraded by Ken Ford in the 1970's as a starter trainer for use on reservoirs in North London. It is only 9'6" long and beam 3'9" in plywood construction.

I am missing a few bits, does anyone have a parts list for a Fly that I can buy from them.

Look forward to your email to msanderson@stratman.org.uk or call telephone 0161 928 6248.

Mike Sanderson
kfz

Re: Fly Class Training dingy

Post by kfz »

Any chance of Pictures please Mike?

Welcome to the forum BTW

Kev
msanderson

Post by msanderson »

Kev

You can see the Fly class on www.cvrda.org/dinghydata/fly.htm

Hope this helps.

Mike
billytwiglet

Post by billytwiglet »

I sailed them and helped build a dozen or more back in the days. If you need any help, I'll look out the brain cell, but I doubt there would be any parts list available, just plans. (blimey; that was forty five years ago!) Almost everything was built at the club except blocks and cleats etc. All rigging, foils and sails were in-house.
Ken Ford built more than anyone and his family now lives in Essex, sailing at a club on the coast. They might have some data.
Merlin 36
Merlin 220
Merlin Rocket 3137
Finn K95
msanderson

Post by msanderson »

Billytwiglet

Thanks for the feedback on 23rd June and sorry for the slow reply.

If you have a chance to dig out one of the old plans that would be wonderful. Please let me know how I might get hold of it/them?

Best regards

Mike