Farecla Profile 200/300/500?

share hints, tips and experiences
TimD

Farecla Profile 200/300/500?

Post by TimD »

Wondered if anyone has yet tried the Farecla marine specific compounds.

I've used Farecla G6 and G10 with great results on a yacht (epoxy/kevlar hull) but on a 40yr old badly oxidised GRP (polyester I should imagine) I wonder if I'd be better off going with the Profile marine products.

My Minisprints will be coming to their new home next week. One has a blue/jade coloured deck in need of serious TLC. I'd been thinking of starting with either Profile 300 or G6. If that proved ineffective then out with the wet and dry before compounding/polishing/waxing.

Any experience anyone has appreciated.

Thanks, Tim
dronskiuk

Re: Farecla Profile 200/300/500?

Post by dronskiuk »

Hi Tim

A friend of mine worked for Farecla for a couple of years recently and recommended Profile 300 followed by Profile UV Wax. Initially, in the 300 I didn't see the immediate benefit but once the wax was applied (I hand polished, it seemed to be better than a lambswool pad on the polisher) it was almost unbelievable - this was on a white original surface that hadn't, apparently, had much attention and dated from 1982. Way back I worked in boatyards and Farecla was the compound of choice then but this does seem to be an upgrade.

The caveat, as ever, is that the finish seems directly proportional to the effort put in. I used on A Skipper (yellow) and didn't lavish as much effort on the compounding stage and, whilst shining, the finish was a little 'piebald'!

Good luck!
TimD

Re: Farecla Profile 200/300/500?

Post by TimD »

Many thanks for that. Turns out that the amount of TLC one of the boats is in need of will involve much sanding and filling then paint (I'd hoped to avoid that). The other hull looks like it will respond to Fareclas though.