centreboard case recoat

share hints, tips and experiences
ian.r.mcdonald

centreboard case recoat

Post by ian.r.mcdonald »

am going to recoat my osprey centreboard case. this was last done (professionally) 10 years ago to stop water ingress into the ply and i would like to refurb before this happens again. is Sp106 ok? can i get away with using a radiator roller with tbe case vertical or must i turn the boat on its side to get a horizontal surface?
JimC

Re: centreboard case recoat

Post by JimC »

Must, no.
However, as I said on the other forum, if you can easily and safely turn and support the boat on her side to work on then you will be amazed at how much easier it is to work on the inside of the boat, and all sorts of really awkward jobs will suddenly get easier.
ian.r.mcdonald

Post by ian.r.mcdonald »

thanks Jim, 134 kilos makes it more of a challenge to move about but you have convinced me that a bit of heaving will make the job easier
SoggyBadger

Post by SoggyBadger »

I used to be able to get my Osprey on and off its trolley by myself. Putting on its side was easy enough with the mast on but I think you might need a helper otherwise.
Best wishes

SB
ian.r.mcdonald

Post by ian.r.mcdonald »

SoggyBadger wrote:I used to be able to get my Osprey on and off its trolley by myself. Putting on its side was easy enough with the mast on but I think you might need a helper otherwise.
remind me never to get into an argument with you!