Glue for re-decking

share hints, tips and experiences
Brookesy

Post by Brookesy »

The W&C Plate was there when I last looked Neil, and the boat was still in the pound on Sunday.
GBR74 ex custodian of
GBR384 Mickey Finnale (Taylor,wood)
GBR455 Rubber Duck (Taylor, grp)
FD GBR350 Supercalifragalisticexpialidocious
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

This is looking better by the minute - now we are even trying to save the nameplates!!!
chris

Post by chris »

Did you say, Ed, you had a Fairey nameplate? - I'm interested if surplus to your requirements. My albacore has a mark about 60x30mm just above the inspection hatch on the bow tank with a pin hole in each corner. Is that a likely place for a Fairley plate?

Hope to relaunch Albi 1576 this sunday - any information on it's history welcome. I have been told two names for it so far ...Hippy Shake and Bessie ! (it's only been sitting in the garden for three years awaiting attention)

this pictures shows a few clamps gluing up the inner edging of a side deck.
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Looking good...Like the posh clamps. They look so much classier than the screwfix ones!
If Ed doen't have a Fairey plate, I think I do somewhere, off a 3 figure Albacore. They were usually on the transom, though?
Rupert
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi Chris looks really good. So how many harpsicords clamps does it take to hold the decks on. Answers to Alan Williams no prizes given.
Cheers Al
Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

Mine is a Swordfish one......and I have to admit I am not totally sure where it is at the moment, but I am sure that I could find it.

but if Ruperts' is already a Albi one that might make more sense.

will have a look anyway.

cheers

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it
neil
Site Admin

Post by neil »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Garry Rucklidge</i>
<br />Just as a follow up - if you don't have a W & C name plate spere has anyone got one on a boat that they could photograph and send to me. If I get the right font I am sure I could get one cut locally out of the appropriate plastic at a trophy centre or some such.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I have a genuine W & C plate for you from a MR. It's plastic and covered in varnish but should clean up OK. email me your address and I'll post it for you

regards

Neil
IC: K26
Harrier +: 2

Zenith's rebuild - www.pegasus18.com/zenith
chris

Post by chris »

I have a WC plate in my Holt built Merlin 507. Some past joker must have nicked this from an old train and my bailer has this notice beside it 'press lever to flush'!

By the way can by a curious twist Peg 119 is currently in my workshop. I seem to have a reputation that if people leave an old boat around I'll fix it for them!
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

It looks like my Finn is in the wrong place, all this redecking going on in Chris' garage and my Finn's out on the front lawn! The only thing above I'll be able to wedge off is the telephone lines!
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

Hi there all - back at last after my Aunt and Dad's funeral - family blow that one I can tell you (died within 3 days of each other so a joint funeral!!) Great party after for Dad in particular. He has left his mark in many ways - on the sailing front as a builder of a Cadet and two Enterprises - the last one was 7542.

However, Neil, I emailed you my address a while ago regarding the W&C plate for Gannet and just wondered if you got it. No rush but am catching up on correspondence
Pat

Post by Pat »

An error's appearing on posting - this post's a test to get the error message. If you get an asp eror, don't try again as your post is through!
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Garry, it is possible for the poster to delete his own posts. Sorry to hear about your Dad - easy to see where you got your love of wooden boats from.
Rupert
neil
Site Admin

Post by neil »

I think the posting glitch is cured now - I've deleted the multiple messages.

The plate will be in the post tomorrow when I get back to the office - I've been on holiday for the last 10 days......and left the plate at work.
IC: K26
Harrier +: 2

Zenith's rebuild - www.pegasus18.com/zenith