CVRDA XMAS QUIZ

General chat about boats
neil
Site Admin

Post by neil »

It's bizarre - I found one answer 30 seconds AFTER submitting (pleading email sent to Ed) and another was on an old fax sent to me when I first got my ToY detailing the IYRU singlehander trials of 1965.
IC: K26
Harrier +: 2

Zenith's rebuild - www.pegasus18.com/zenith
Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

Well done everybody!

Keep up the good work. I have had quite a few answers now and interestingly enough, I don't think I have any question which has not been answered correctly by someone.

There are a few questions that seem to have two schools of thought....which might lead to some interesting de-briefing.

There are plenty of questions that I do wish I had spent a little more time wording to make them a little more precise.

I think the best fun bits are the boat recognition parts....originally I was going to do mostly those....and looking at it now...that might of been better.

Not quite sure how I am going to do all the marking....I am not sure if I want to go through them all marking each one.....but maybe I will. It is quite easy to see which ones have done well....or on the other hand maybe I will post the answers and then get you to mark your own in in good 'high-school' fashion.

Anyway sorry to keep you all away from your boats....anybody had time to go sailing? I havn't....been really laid under with a crap cold. This very rarely happens....and I reckon the last time I spent a day in bed was Xmas 2003....which seems very unfair to me.

cheers

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it
stu
Site Admin

Post by stu »

<snip>anybody had time to go sailing? I havn't....been really laid under with a crap cold. This very rarely happens....and I reckon the last time I spent a day in bed was Xmas 2003....which seems very unfair to me.</snip>

Depends of course how the day in bed, at xmas 2003 was spent?
;)
The only canoe sailor in MY village too !

8) OK K1958
8) Mirror 34459

http://www.stuandliz.co.uk

make bow waves not chat
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I did the Boxing Day race on Sunday at Whitefriars in that well known classic the Topper Magno! 60 years of post war dinghy development and they produce that...Did manage to hold off 17 other boats in the pursuit, though, thanks to them all ending up in a gaggle behind me and slowing each other down! Maybe I'll drink the prize this evening!
Ed, I can't necessarily remember all the answers I guessed, so could have a problem with self marking...ooh look, I got 100%! Sounds like Neil has some pretty good back up in his library, anyway!(I'm jealous) Maybe the next one should be at an event, no books allowed!
Rupert
neil
Site Admin

Post by neil »

Fat lot of good the library did! I think the idea of a quiz at an event is a really good idea; it's a good job that I teach revision skills.........

Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

Today is your last day....so if there is anyone out there with a half completed set of answers.....Alan? Now is the time to get it done and the button pushed.

I will post answers tomorrow evening and the results as soon as possible after that.

cheers

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
Phelps Scull
stu
Site Admin

Post by stu »

Well I've done the quiz. I had no books, they're all packed away. I did nbot time to search the web forthe answers, to much decorating to do. Any answers i get right are snippits of useless info stored in my head or a very lucky guess.

Bring on the scores!!!!

8) OK K1958
8) Mirror 34459

make bow waves not chat
Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

That will be yours then....the entry I just got...with no name on it!

It can only be you though...no one else feels quite the same way about Enterprises as you....actually, now I think about it, that isn't quite true....Alan Watson (int moth alan) seems to have an even more fanatical approach to them.

Were you....and/or Alan at Corinthian today....how did you do?

see ya

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
Phelps Scull
stu
Site Admin

Post by stu »

I went down, but water still quite low, and the forecast was pants. Nearly regetted it until the mirror was on it's 3rd lap when the heavens opened and the wind picked up and up and.......well needless to say the varnishing of shelves and the painting of window frames back at home seemed a whole lot more appealing.

As for ommitting my name, that was a deliberate mistake, just so you could have some fun working out some stuff for yourself....couldn't let you get away without something to work out.....obviously !!

Yes yes yes I know, you did the quiz and set it all up, but Hey how difficult can that be ay......Rupert!!!!!????

8) OK K1958
8) Mirror 34459

make bow waves not chat
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

At least setting it up must have made Ed feel clever...trying to answer it made me, and I suspect from the comments, others, feel just a little bit stupid! Looking forward to setting the next one simply so I don't have to show myself up again!
Rupert
stu
Site Admin

Post by stu »

Hey Rupert, don't worry about showing yourself up, it can't be as bad as I show myself up every time I step onto the canoe :oops:

8) OK K1958
8) Mirror 34459

make bow waves not chat
neil
Site Admin

Post by neil »

Stu, you are not trying hard enough - you should be at the stage where you show yourself up by stepping off the canoe, usually when tacking in front of loads of people.

The only race I "won" in the canoe was when I fell off it and the boat sailed over the finish line without me.

Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

Ok....last few mins

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
Phelps Scull
neil
Site Admin

Post by neil »

Bugger. thought we had the answers posted.

Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

You do now!

If you can't see them immediately, you many need to refresh your screen....but they are there.

So have fun

cheers

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
Phelps Scull