sailing later in the year!

General chat about boats
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Thanks Alastair!
I confess, Jim, that as a Firefly sailor absolute speed has never been a concern! Cherubs, on the other hand...
All advice therefore welcome! Will we see you at any events this year?
Rupert
chris

Post by chris »

Somewhere this thread started about Rupert asking about race assistants at Roadford...I think.... I don't mind doing the computer bit again. (having just about worked it out last year with plenty of guidance from Stu.) Maybe I'll be abit quicker next time. It's such a lovely job! only takes several hours each day just when everyone else is eating/drinking and being merry. I expect Lois and I will be on the signing in desk again so can feed stuff straight in to computer.....One PLEA... If people can sail with sails that have the same sail number as the information they give it would help ENORMOUSLY as otherwise it's a nightmare giving you results because the infor is all linked by the sail number. (last year several boats didn't )

I was also thinking that to run 'Roadford' there are many fairly small jobs and many people happy to help. If we can link people to tasks beforehand it would ease the organising committee's life a lot. I'll do a breakdown of tasks and post a check list that hopefully we could fill in with names by August.

Re speed trials... great idea... judging by last year Clywedog would have been good for that too. I seem to remember going rather faster than I really wanted to (but not quite as fast as my mast was travelling!!)
Pat

Post by Pat »

We're planning to be at Roadford properly this year, so as long as I can sail too, I can play with the computer as I do that to pay for my sailing anyway and will be bringing my laptop for downloading photos.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
JimC

Post by JimC »

> will we see [my cheub] at any events this year?

Depends. I have to find a less moth eaten kite which fits the boat. By no means impossible.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Jim, come to Chippenham, the last thing you need to worry about is a kite
RC Laser 898
Mirror 67423 Dawn Run
British Moth730 Moneybox
http://karencollyer.net