Newsletter

General chat about boats
roger

Newsletter

Post by roger »

David H brought this one up. Most of the class associations have a newsletter which is, depending on the class, quartertly, biannual or just when someone gets around to posting it.
David has kindly said he will collate the information into something readable but what we would like is some contributions.
First suggestion is a short note about each wing, Alan could you do something about Cats, May be Chris or Gary could do a vintage wing bit. Could I have volunteers for classic and old wings and may be a bit about the latest discoveries. Those rare beauties like the Dart.
I want something we can print out and pass around at the boat show so a couple of pages of A4 maximum in total so Im not asking for pages of in depth detail.
Greg could you do a bit on our fixtures list.
Any contributions will be welcome with pics if possible.
I will write a bit from the commode about who we are what we do and who qualifies.
please email your contributions to david.henshall@bearfacemedia.co.uk
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I'm happy to write something about the classic or old, as I've sailed in both, if someone else wants to do the one of their choice?
Rupert
davidh

Post by davidh »

I'll add some kindly words in on the 'lost' classes..... is that okay with you Alan, I'd hate to trespass onto your domain ( I might wake up on day and find I've morphed into a Cat sailor - there is now here else to go after that!)

Pat - could you do something on the results from BW - or the 2007 season as a whole.

I had initially intended this as a sort of Christmas 'e-card' but the more I thought about it - the more the idea of doing the job 'properly' grew legs.

It IS worth noting that we should all be proud of what there is now - as well as grateful to the likes of Ed for seeing the Association through the early days. We've had a good year in 2007, 2008 meanwhile looks even better. Greg's work on the open meeting programme suggests that we've a 'circuit' worthy of many classes, if all those who say they will sail turn up to Netley, then we'll really have classics 'on the map'.

D
David H
pegasus

Post by pegasus »

When are we looking to have this together by, the boat show or 2008 season? i can knock something up no problems with that just thinking if i need to do it now or if i can forget for a few months!

Greg
Pegasus 166(The Darkside) SOLD
Cherub 2646 Madge
davidh

Post by davidh »

Hi Greg,

the closer to 'now' that you can get the better!

D
David H
Pat

Post by Pat »

Good idea to have something in hard copy for the shows. I'll put some results and facts together for the season summary - how many boats, classes, oldest etc.

I'll phone you Roger, (and Angie for a haircut) later this week, but folks, Roger's pulled off a new coup (or even coop!) - put the DEFRA hat on, get the turkeys slaughtered, (declare bird flu if the Christmas excuse doesn't work!) and take over their shed for boat storage. :D
chris

Post by chris »

Yes I'll do something about Vintage wing. Who shal we send stuff to?
Chris
pegasus

Post by pegasus »

Chris i think david is collecting all the info so email him. david.henshall@bearfacemedia.co.uk
Cherub 2646 Madge
roger

Post by roger »

Thanks all for your prompt responses. We just need someone to share the classics or olds with Rupert. To give David as much time as possible may be we could have a deadline by the New year.
If anyone wants to write an amusing or serious piece about their experiences with the cvrda please feel free to contribute.
pegasus

Post by pegasus »

If i can think of something to write ill try and promote the youth section
Cherub 2646 Madge
davidh

Post by davidh »

Morning Roger!

Yes.... it IS all happening here!! Greg get the prize for the first to respond (cheers greg!), I'm sure all the rest of you will be close behind.

Can I ask you all to take a leaf out of Raymond Chandler's classic quote
"If I had had more time I'd have written less" - 150 words or so will do just fine. Later on, once the viability of all this is established, maybe we can do a bigger, better production.

As it all stands - look at it like this: We've an open meeting circuit to be proud of and could well have a bumper nationals that numerically put us up there with a lot of the more 'establishment' classes.

Looks like Classics are on a roll..... so lets not be shy about saying so!

D
David H
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

I sent an A4 page about the fun of travelling to CVRDA events to David Henshall (I am an expert on this even though I can't sail very well!!) Can you let me know if it got to you OK
davidh

Post by davidh »

Garry,

yes, I've got it already and am 'reformatting' and choping and changing it around a bit (ha! - now I know the pleasures my editor gets when I send her in MY articles......). Slowly but surely.... it's coming on well.

D
David H
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

I wonder if once the event is over the whole thing could be put on the website for those who can't make it.
davidh

Post by davidh »

Garry,

apart from handing out copies on the day, the wholeplan is to have this 'e-based' - else you start running into postal and production costs

D
David H