Does anyone read the "events" string?

General chat about boats
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Please do, if interested in a winter meet up in Nov - it needs a home NOW!
Rupert
Mark

Post by Mark »

What about Whitefriars ? West Oxfordshire are very friendly as well (meal at the Rose Revived?)
RC Laser 898
Mirror 67423 Dawn Run
British Moth730 Moneybox
http://karencollyer.net
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

West Oxford or Baltic Wharf, then (we did Whitefriars last Jan)I think if we sound them both out we should get a result, and a good place to eat and sail either way. Thank you Mark and Ed. Opinions on which would be preferred, please! (which is better for plankers???!)
Rupert
Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

Quite early on in the rather steep learning curve of trying to get to grips with the sliding seat on the canoe, I found myself sailing from bank to bank at Roadford and therfore only occasionally risking a tack. Considering this a potential problem, I came to the conclusion that I would take the IC down to Baltic Wharf, where I have found that a 20ft high stone wall does wonders for your concentration and quickly persaudes you to keep tacking. Of corse the day I chose it was rather windy....and I not only got to practice my tacking but also my capsize drill.

Sailing plankers on the docks is certainly possible....but you will certainly get a sorer bum than normal as you will need to be pretty atheltic going in and out.

Like to see it though!

I will email guys at Baltic Wharf and see if there is any enthuisiasm.

cheers

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it
chris

Post by chris »

I remember being well intertained by Alan in his int Moth in Baltic Warf so a conoe seat should provide excellent spectator sport for anyone not wishing to sail - good view from the pub I seem to remember, what more can you want? (except a cruise down the Avon perhaps!!)
Chris
neil
Site Admin

Post by neil »

Bugger that - I'll bring the Tideway as I'd prefer to take a varnished arm chair out this time. International Canoes, concentrationa and solid walls does not sound like a good combination.
IC: K26
Harrier +: 2

Zenith's rebuild - www.pegasus18.com/zenith
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

There is another item hiding down below! Please scroll down to the events string!
Rupert