I'm after a.......

General chat about boats
stu
Site Admin

I'm after a.......

Post by stu »

Hi All,

Not exactly cvrda, well actually not at all; but we're all sailing fans so I was wondering if anyone has, in .xls or .csv or similar, a list of the new sailing country codes?

Odd request I know, but hey........ :shock:

Thanks

Stu :D
The only canoe sailor in MY village too !

8) OK K1958
8) Mirror 34459

http://www.stuandliz.co.uk

make bow waves not chat
Rupert

Re: I'm after a.......

Post by Rupert »

Not on the ISAF site?
Rupert
DavidC

Post by DavidC »

Just look in your rule book Appendix G. Obviously everyone has a rule book to hand :D

D
DavidC

Post by DavidC »

What do you mean you can't remember where it is :D :D :D

Try this http://www.sailing.org/tools/documents/ ... 451%5D.pdf

D
davidh

Post by davidh »

Dave C..... is that really you?

So rumours of your early demise can now be discounted! That, or has whoever pays the bill for the internet to reach the east coast, raided the RNLI box on the clubhouse bar for another shilling to feed the meter!

When are you Solent (the real hone of sailing) bound next?

D
David H
DavidC

Post by DavidC »

My apologies but I have been a little snowed under rather than demised - trying to remember how to tack a Unicorn! We have far more interesting currencies for internet payment up here :D :D

I am not sure when I will be able to visit the solent to see if the locals have caught up with the east coast mafia yet. I have a visit to Weymouth this week to discuss the black art of measurement. As a black art skill, obviously an east coast specialty :twisted:

Are you likely to grace us for the weekend at Brightlingsea - we have some interesting things for late at night in the churchyard you would be interested in! As well as fantastic sailing :)

If not do I understand you will be visiting Medemblik for the Vintage Yachting Games? There is much we need to discuss.

D
davidh

Post by davidh »

ahh yes, the Unicorn!

Need to put thinking gear into action on that - I might be in the market for some 'history'. John Mazzoti lives somewhere around these parts (which makes him a good man) but is not easily accessible.

Brightlingsea - I was hopeful but have had a disaster! I did the decks on the Smokers (having decided that this, being a good south coast boat was just the thing for an east coast raid) only to have a rare occurence. After the final coat dried on the foredeck, it developed a couple of areas of 'orange peel'. I was out there yesterday, this will need scrapping off, sanding down, then building back up, before I can look to do a top coat - for the second time.

If you're coming past the Solent at all shout and drop in for tea and cake!

It would be good to catch up - if only to prove that Dave C is not an alias of Michael Briggs! - has anyone ever seen both these reprobates in the same place at the same time????????? Case rests!

D
David H
Pat

Post by Pat »

....we have some interesting things for late at night in the churchyard....
The ghosts of my resting ancestors are waiting for you :lol:
davidh

Post by davidh »

Now then Pat, steady on! Don't you go mixing it with those nasty east coast lads! (or their ghosts). Worser even than the Scots!

D
David H
Pat

Post by Pat »

Too late David - been mixed with them for nearly two hundred years - I can go right back to my roots (Sam and Sarah Root anyway) and a right bunch of Herberts they were. All tucked up in Brightlingsea churchyard - apart from a few out on the tiles (the Brightlingsea tiles commemorating locals lost at sea).

Jonathan's offering a boat borrow if you don't want to tow.
davidh

Post by davidh »

Pat,

You're a brave lady! There are not many who would admit to having ancestors from that part of the world. Does Sandy know that you come from such stock????

And you a Merlin sailor too - I thought that we were a classier bunch!!!!!

STILL trying to free up the work so that I can make Brightlingsea (if only so that I can act badly and trash the joint - again!!) but it might come down to there or Corus - and that is west, not east (as in 'west is best')

D
David H
DavidC

Post by DavidC »

Methinks I see a little envy of our heritage here Pat! :D :D :D :D

I really think he should make an appearance - the club house is used to people behaving badly - it survived the Hornet fleet for years!

The south always feared the viking stock from the east :twisted: Strange how we adapted to the fore and aft rig so well after the square rig and dragons heads. Must be the horned helmets and pure talent :D

I seem to recall that some of the very serious talent in the Merlins came from the East Coast. Messers Truman and Child spring to mind!

Look forward to seeing you at the weekend :D
Pat

Post by Pat »

Hear Hear. Besides Brightlingsea is 3 days and Merlins too, plus modern home fleet, Corus only 2 days and not a shared event so few Merlins and no known home fleet.
davidh

Post by davidh »

Neither of which are anywhere near good enough reasons to end up sailing in a muddy creek - and where the locals are the role models for the rednecks in Deliverence!

Scary or what!

DE
David H
DavidC

Post by DavidC »

Muddy Creek - where is that then. Given the seas in the estuary today, I would quite like a muddy creek. At lease we don't build refinerys on the sides of our ditches! :D :D :D :D

Besides its only mud on the bottom and your not supposed to be in that bit!

D