Tis me again

General chat about boats
Phil

Tis me again

Post by Phil »

Hi you lot,

I would like to say a really big thank you for the very warm welcome I have been shown on this site, really mean that.

There’s a real sense of community on this site off which the like’s I have not seen in a long time, well done keep it up. The information and wisdom in here is a wonder to behold.

Now membership? Is there any fees due ? If so where and how can I pay ? Would not want to upset the old apple cart.

One more question would my Express be classed as a “lost class”?

Best regards

Phil
Rupert

Re: Tis me again

Post by Rupert »

Hi Phil, your express is certainly a lost class, and I'm sure would be welcome as such at our events,. As for membership, it is generally the done thing to hand a fiver or so over at an event sometime during the year, if you make it to one, but the cvrda is inclusive, in that you are a member if you have an old boat, whether you have heard of the cvrda or not!
Rupert
Phil

Post by Phil »

Great, thanks for the info, I WILL MAKE one of next years meetings to show off the express and also to "express" my thanks to every one.

Phil
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

I am with you on all of this Phil - the forum has been fantastic in offering excellent advice and a friendly welcome. I hope they keep up the warm attitude though - I know I have many more stupid/how do I questions to come!
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
roger

Post by roger »

Nessa, I am sure you have heard it before .... The only stupid question is the one you dont ask.

There is however the very high risk that you may get some very stupid answers here.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Phil

Post by Phil »

Roger said "There is however the very high risk that you may get some very stupid answers here."

But very entertaining ones ???

Phil