John and Lyn have a new baby

General chat about boats
chris

Post by chris »

The Gardiners would like to announce the arrival of their latest addition..
Merlin 36
This boat was third in the first Championships 1946. The first owner was a certain Ian Proctor.

It's a bare hull at the moment, Mervyn thinks he can locate a wooden mast, but if you know of period sails, boom, rudder (pintles etc) Blocks . in fact anything other than the hull we would love to hear.
Chris
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Congratulations! Hope Mother and Baby doing well? (Dad's don't really count at this time, do they?) And we thought Stu and Liz would be next!
Rupert
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

Much easier birth without the mast but does lead to problems once they leave home!!! Good to hear of one younger than mine!! It would be good to share tips - have emailed you with progress on the sister ship 111 !!

Garry
stu
Site Admin

Post by stu »

No news here yet I'm afraid, Due on the 18th so now a few days late. I hope oyrs isn't made of wood, and that no mast is fitted!!

It will need plenty of care and a lot of shaping to ensure that it is well sorted when finished!
The only canoe sailor in MY village too !

8) OK K1958
8) Mirror 34459

http://www.stuandliz.co.uk

make bow waves not chat
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

Stu, I am sure that you are looking forward to regaining a lightweight crew - in fact you will have a combination of crew/helm weights for the next few years depending on prevailing conditions!!! However, having had the children experience myself (26 years ago) I can guarantee that wet and windy is the order of the day for the forseeable future!!
Pat

Post by Pat »

Looking forward to seeing the latest addition and to taking photos. Will she be ready for the Shearwater event?
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
chris

Post by chris »

Which decade Pat?
Mark

Post by Mark »

Garry's remark "I can guarantee that wet and windy is the order of the day for the forseeable future!!" is certainly true...in more ways than one
RC Laser 898
Mirror 67423 Dawn Run
British Moth730 Moneybox
http://karencollyer.net
chris

Post by chris »

Don't put Stu off fatherhood! the financial drain only lasts 25 years or so. It's a bit like owning a boat which is defined as 'a hole in the water surrounded by wood into which you pour money'
keithr

Post by keithr »

we have a member at Clywedog who is breaking merlin no 2320 or somewhere near and all bits except hull available.

I can give his number to interseted parties.
Two Peggies 199,100,
Flying fifteen 1855,
Flying fifteen 204 (now in the barn)
Sunbird
chris

Post by chris »

Hi Keith,
Probably not much similar in a later merlin but Mervyn Allen (vintage merlin wing) might like to know about any useful parts.