Blurb for the dinghy show

General chat about boats
Ancient Geek

Re: Blurb for the dinghy show

Post by Ancient Geek »

I meant bigger & stronger in the same way as some extra strong tissues etc are/were branded as "for men".
Simples.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Phew! My mistake entirely :?
Steve Bailey

Post by Steve Bailey »

The dog strength ones from Wilko's have one great advantage over the proper 'for men' type. If you accidentally run the club lawn mower over them they get sliced in two and the lawn mower remains more or less unscathed. It takes quite a while to unwrap the tie down rope from round the mower blades though. So I'm told, anyway.
All the best
Steve
Michael Brigg

Post by Michael Brigg »

This string seems to be alternating between Sailing i14's pre-war, and getting wrapped up in lawnmower blades and various other (predominantly male) proclivities!

In the interest of continuity of the pattern I'll return to the subject of man sized helmsmen.

Ancient Geek said:
any surviving (And there are precious few.) Pre War and inmmediatly Post War are very frail indeed.
I'm not sure if they sailed 114's back then (they certainly did in later years)
but Ray Rouse and Ray Richardson were winning Cowes week in Contessa 32's (Blanco) on a regular basis only last year, and were certainly not frail and quite fit enough to talk about the old days. I know they were contemporaries of "Johnny Mustard" (Robert Frith) and also my father in Rickmansworth where most of the London i14,s used to sail.(On a Gravel pit called Troy Lake, perhaps thats where the Greek names come from!)
Michael Brigg