Firecrest 15 Re-Launched at Last

General chat about boats
simon-t

Firecrest 15 Re-Launched at Last

Post by simon-t »

After more than two years of restoration work, my 1951 clinker OD finally got back on the water this summer. She looks and sails like a dream which makes it all worthwhile. I hope to bring her to a CVRDA event at some point. Sadly the boat is now back in her winter shelter and I am back home in the Gulf. Hopefully I'll get to meet you all next year. I now know of five surviving Firecrests. Maybe we'll all show up to an event!

Links to pictures and my rather basic Firecrest 15 website below.

Happy sailing,

Simon.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26634968@N ... 053101674/

http://firecrest15.webeden.co.uk/
Rupert

Re: Firecrest 15 Re-Launched at Last

Post by Rupert »

She looks great!
If the Firecrests would like to use a cvrda venue to hold a Nationals in 2011, you would be most welcome, and please, come to a meeting soon so we can see her in the flesh.
Rupert
Pat

Post by Pat »

Lovely boat.
Please could I have some of the pictures of her sailing and of the two together for the website gallery and the dinghy database? Copyright will be acknowledged of course.

And you're the latest link added to the new links page on the main site. Classic Classes section of course.
simon-t

Post by simon-t »

Rupert - a Nationals in conjunction with a CVRDA event would be great. I'll contact the owners and see what I can arrange.

Pat - what's the best way to send you pictures? Perhaps you could PM me your e-mail address.

Best,

Simon.
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

You'd be welcome at Whitefriars for the cvrda Nationals and to run your's along side (Aug B/H), but if that didn't suit, I'm sure Roadford, Clywedog or any of the other venues would be happy to see you. Where are the majority based?
Rupert
simon-t

Post by simon-t »

Hi Rupert,

We are well scattered bunch. Mine is in Derbyshire, there's one in Sheffield. Another pair are in Essex and East Anglia. The fifth was in North Wales and was for sale on e-bay about a year ago. I am trying to contact the owner to see if he has sold it or not. Anyone interested???

So somewhere smack in the centre of the country would be good. Do you ever do anything at Rutland?

Simon.
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Nottingham? Though a river venue might not be the best for these boats? Otherwise, Whitefriars is further south, but has good motorway connections.
Rupert