Open day at Boatbuilding training college

General chat about boats
roger

Open day at Boatbuilding training college

Post by roger »

Not sure whether this shouldnt be in restoration thread. I recieved the following email regarding an open day at the InternationalBoat Building training college in Lowestoft. Should be an interesting day out.

Roger

To: General Enquiries From:
International Boatbuilding Training Collegeinfo@ibtc.co.uk Message:
We are holding an open day on Thurs 9th December and would like toextend a welcome to you and your members. The college will be open tovisitors from 10am to mid-day and then from 1pm to 3pm. Visitors willbe able to view all training areas. Students and staff will betreating this as a normal working day but will be happy to answer anyquestions. We would be grateful for confirmation of planned attendance. Please visit our website http://www.ibtc.co.uk if you would liketo find out more about the college and what we do herre.Best regardsCandi CollinsIBTC Admin
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Pat

Re: Open day at Boatbuilding training college

Post by Pat »

I remember passing that college - just up the road from Oulton Broad club towards Great Yarmouth
roger

Post by roger »

The courses look great. All those "if onlys" May be a career change...
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
davidh

Post by davidh »

All,

I'm not sure how to wing this one but it is my intention to make the trip north and eastwards. Heading North and East in December may not be one of my better ideas, but if I can get there I will, will take some photos and will try to do something along the lines of a brief report.

D
David H
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

Can I respectfully suggest, as a northerner living in the east that davidh, whomsoever he may be, might like to either withdraw or rephrase his contribution otherwise he might be the one that gets shot! I realise that as a south western boat club, you view both the north and east in disdain, but please, have some respect on an open forum for other parts of the country, especially those that have a rich and prosperous sailing heritage.

I thank you.