tempo scow

General chat about boats
ianmgds

Re: tempo scow

Post by ianmgds »

i day ticket at lake 42, which isnt actually a club. It is the same lake as the water park beach. The boat winters in a barn nr Dursley. Would be delighted to meet sometime.

Ian
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Lake 42: there is a different sort of Scow sails there - a GRP Isle of Wight style one with a lug sail!

Whitefriars is just the other side of the Cirencester road from there. Turn left at the crossroads, and then right straight away down Whitefriars lane. If you fancy a sail, I can sign you in as a guest for the day.
Rupert
jpa_wfsc

Post by jpa_wfsc »

So would I - that's 4 free sailing days this year!!! (in the hope that you would like us and come join with us).

Welcome to CVRDA,
j./

National 12 "Spider" 2523
Finn K468 'Captain Scarlet'

British Moth, 630, early 60's 'Pisces'

!!!! Not CVRDA !!!!
Comet Trio - something always ready to sail.
GAv

Post by GAv »

Hi Ian have only recently seen your post, very nice Tempo, she looks brand spanking new.
I owned the one below up till 5 years ago.
The fellow I bought it from said that she was the second one he had owned in a short while.

pre digital camera pictures scanned off old photos, so not of a marvellous quality
some with 'much loved Streaker on the side, I also had a Vivacity 20 down at Brightlingsea, and aquired a lighter Fireball, so sold the rock solid plastic Tempo.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Presumanbly this is not the same bird, ready to be Carryingon his/her inspections`
ianmgds

Post by ianmgds »

thanks for the pix GAv. would it be poss to send the last one, the looked more orange than red to me direct?? I am interested to see how you had her rigged. If you have any others of her rig I would be grateful. My mail is ianmgds@aol.com
GAv

Post by GAv »

Done Ian, please see EMail
Stephen Hawkins

Post by Stephen Hawkins »

Yep,

I am at South Cerney SC, just off the Spine Road heading into South Cerney itself.
Steve Hawkins

1967 National 12 2383 "Sparkle"