Insurance again

General chat about boats
ianmgds

Re: Insurance again

Post by ianmgds »

Noble did the tempo scow for £ 42.00 based on total value inc trailer of £750.00..result me thinks!!
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi
I insured the Shark (B class Cat last known one in Europe), with CraftInsure for £69 but that was about five years ago (boats not been on the water since), which I felt was very reasonable. My next job is to get a quote for an expensive Finn Noble or BS I think? Craftinsure policy for the Taylor Finn is £64 for £750 agreed value.
Cheers Al
Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

Just had an email from SAGA.

God it is sad isn't it.....

but I guess this is most probably an option for most of us :-(

No idea how competitive it is.

http://www.saga.co.uk/insurance/boat-in ... urance.asp

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it
GAVinT

Post by GAVinT »

Sorry to say I found Bishop Skinner rather awkward, when I first wanted to insure a Vivacity 20 Cruiser.To be fair that was a good while ago now!
Dinghy wise, Noble are great, after I wrote a Solo off they accepted digital evidence of the incident, paid out in less than a week from the incident, and allowed me to keep all the salvage-first ever boat claim, my loyalty to them is assured.
I see no reason why you should be penalised for having a tin mast rig on a Merlin Rocket, mine is,I know our lot in my club grumble about me with a 57 Mark 6 Proctor and a fellow MR owner who rejoined with a Martina Holt, circa 55, his are wooden spars, being Vintage Handycapped but why should we be lumped in with later development boats that moved the game on a pace.
Well no marlar sails or whatever string back ones hereby, but my insurance with Noble is just a regular boat one, so if I did have a carbon mast maybe they would have some right to say thats not standard. If any insurance co finds out later its been modded like if you chipped your cars black box brains, for instance, then and only then should you be penalised. Try Noble they'll see you alright.
JimC

Post by JimC »

GAVinT wrote:I see no reason why you should be penalised for having a tin mast rig on a Merlin Rocket,
I wouldn't be altogether suprised if the incidence of failure of tin spars increases when carbon sticks become legal in a class...