Low rider moth fest.

General chat about boats
Rupert

Re: Low rider moth fest.

Post by Rupert »

Having said all that, I can see no reason why 2 parallel events, run at the same club, at the same time, with 2 different starts, one for cvrda, one for lowriding Moths, wouldn't work, if the organizers were keen on the idea, and the water big enough.
Rupert
ptostu

Post by ptostu »

Hello all,as lyndon has said he's in then I'm in if the date dose not clash ,looks like I will have to watch my bid on that magnun 5 then ,my magnum 6 is just out side your 85 rule by 2 years :(
Decending into insanity or is it an addiction

Int moth
Magnum 8 k3920
Mystery skoll
Skoll and crossbones
Shelly mk2 2825
ptostu

Post by ptostu »

bootscooter I was one of the other bidders on the moth you won I think I might start my own collection lol

Int moth
Magnum 8 k3920
Mystery skoll
Skoll and crossbones
Shelly mk2 2825
Bootscooter
Location: Oxfordshire or Lincolnshire (depending on if I can get a weekend off)

Post by Bootscooter »

Ahhh, didn't come off for me as there was a bit too much work involved (that the bloke selling didn't know about). You could contact the seller for some pics of the hole (about 3-4inch sq) where the son had started a repair, and probably get it quite a bit cheaper than I bid, if you're interested...
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

I have emailed our sailing sec to ask for a date in September or early October. Fingers crossed.
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
bornagainmothie

Post by bornagainmothie »

I'm not sure of CVRDA competition rules and don't seek to hijack the events with a newer/faster boat or a moth takeover, but I sailed in the moth nationals myself at Saundersfoot in 1985. I had a Magnum5 (3830, ex Roger Angell and Melvyn Cooper) and was competing against new Magnum6s and John Claridge's Magnificent 7 with Carbon Wing mast at that time. Although obviously those designs carried on being registered for the next couple of years, they were competing in 1985, so does that make them eligible?
There is a vast difference between the magnum designs up to 8 (which plane) and the later narrow hulls with carbon rigs and T-foil rudders which cut through the water but stay in it. Another league again for the flyers, but thats development, and Moths have always been at the forefront.

Lyndon
Greensforge SC
davidh

Post by davidh »

Nessa...we might even get Ian Ridge into a classic moth for this.
Shout if you want a PRO for the event (as I'm need to be cut in two to sail a Moth; 505 crew and Moth sailor are not one and the same!
D
David H
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

that would be great David - I'll keep you posted.

Just to make it clear, this would be for ALL lowriders and classics, not just the cvrda ones.

I have to go to crystal place now to watch people running round in circles - what kind of fun is that??

will post as soon as I hear from Phil, who has a link to this thread and is a very lovely man xxxx
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
ptostu

Post by ptostu »

Bootscooter wrote:Ahhh, didn't come off for me as there was a bit too much work involved (that the bloke selling didn't know about). You could contact the seller for some pics of the hole (about 3-4inch sq) where the son had started a repair, and probably get it quite a bit cheaper than I bid, if you're interested...
Well I am going for a look tomorrow see how it is and if its worth doing

Int moth
Magnum 8 k3920
Mystery skoll
Skoll and crossbones
Shelly mk2 2825
Bootscooter
Location: Oxfordshire or Lincolnshire (depending on if I can get a weekend off)

Post by Bootscooter »

Excellent. What's there is pretty good, but the work was more than I can cope with (both ability and time) right now. Also, no foils with it (at the mo). The sail with it was shot, but apparently there's another with the son at Uni, that they'd courier.
Hope it goes well for you, I'm now making enquiries about that Mag5.
corribee tom

Post by corribee tom »

Id certainly be very keen to bring mine along so long as its september, It would be really nice to see a load of lowriders together as there mostly foilers by me. :)
ptostu

Post by ptostu »

Hello all any news on this moth fest yet as the.8 is getting near to being painted
Stu

Int moth
Magnum 8 k3920
Mystery skoll
Skoll and crossbones
Shelly mk2 2825