Website pictures

General chat about boats
Chris B

Website pictures

Post by Chris B »

Hi

I logged onto the main CVRDA website where there is usually a long thin picture which changes at the top.

This time there was a picture of an International Canoe on its side.

I tried clicking on it then I tried to find the picture in the Gallery but without success after half an hour searching. Can anyone tell me where it is ie Year / File etc.

Is there any way to amend the site so that the header pictures can be easily sourced?

Chris B (not Barlow!)

I14 No 378
Max McCarthy

Re: Website pictures

Post by Max McCarthy »

Hi Chris,

I believe that the canoe your talking about is IC41, Jack Holts last surviving international canoe, it used to be owned by Ed, and I now believe she has passed hands, who you can find the name of who to, on the boat register on the IC website, but if you do a search on the member list, a member who has recently joined is called IC41, so I am sure you can contact them for details....

I found a picture on the gallery:

http://cvrda.org/coppermine/displayimag ... fullsize=1

Cheers,

Max
AC 298 TimeWarp
Cherub 2627 - Sgt Murphy (nee Last Amber Dragon)
Farr 3.7 (slowly progressing build)
National 12 3337
Chris B

Post by Chris B »

Hi Max

Thanks for the info.

I've since realised that it was Ed's Jack Holt International Canoe but the picture was very interesting due to showing a top down view and I was teased to see the whole picture and the rest of the boat deck arrangement. I didn't know it now has a new owner.

Now been through every photo on the gallery but still can't find it! It must be there somewhere!

Incidentally I'm really enjoying your boat a day.

Chris B (Barker)
I14 No 378
Max McCarthy

Post by Max McCarthy »

Thank you very much!

I agree, it is a very interesting picture, and I would like to see the full version of the image too....

Cheers,

Max
AC 298 TimeWarp
Cherub 2627 - Sgt Murphy (nee Last Amber Dragon)
Farr 3.7 (slowly progressing build)
National 12 3337
Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

errr....not sure who took it....

I must have a copy somewhere, but not sure.

But most probably do have other shots of the decks of Conquest.....What do you want to see?

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it
Pat

Post by Pat »

Baltic Wharf Nov 2006. Stu Budden and Chris Q. took the photos and I have the full set and there's a lovely quickfire sequence of Ed capsizing which is where the header picture was taken from.
The gallery is a subset as there were about 300 pictures of that day when the storm blew through the third race.

I'll have a look later when I'm home and see if I can add some more of the IC.

The header pictures are "teasers", often just a strip of a fuller image. Must add some more!
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
Chris B

Post by Chris B »

Hi Pat & Ed

Thanks for the replies.

Pat - Now that explains the pictures and you are right to call them teasers. They certainly tease me and I find them very interesting - there are some good ones. If you could post the sequence in the gallery then I will find them very interesting. It is also interesting to understand where the photos have come from and why they can't be found in the gallery. - Many thanks

Ed - I was finding it very interesting to look down on the deck of the IC and so could see clearly the deck layout. Most photos are taken from the side of a boat and so the deck is not as easy to decifer.

I'm afraid that ICs are another of my obsessives! Oh dear must put me in a home! I presume that defines me as a CVRDA member!

Thanks

Chris Barker
International 14 No 378
roger

Post by roger »

The views of Conquest that I remember are normally very similar to that picture :lol:
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
chris

Post by chris »

Yes many of us know more about the top and underside of that particular canoe!