Budding writers needed

General chat about boats
LASERTOURIST

Re: Budding writers needed

Post by LASERTOURIST »

I did a series of articles for the french Laser Newsletter,
One series was a tongue in cheek mock archeological thing about telling that pumping rocking and so on had been ther since sailing starterd some 2000years BC...

It involved (among others) pieces like a "don't rock a fragile boat" involving Emperor Nero and Caligula, admiral Andrea Doria defeating the Saracens with a strange and gunblazing version of roll tacking, and Nelson and lady Hamilton inventing rocking a very sexual kind of way in Capri while Lord Hamilton was an ambassador in Naples .

I also did a short and opinionated history of "popuboats" (the poor man's yacht kind of boats), that at some point always get caught by the Daemon of competition and expensive tweaking.

It is a sort of unauthorized, un-politically correct version of class history, of course it is somewhat untrue to facts and controversial, just done to laugh, scorn and fuel polemics about how classes should consider the "arms race "sort of "improvements".

As of now I "did" the Star (yes it was a cheap boat back in 1912), 9Sq M french Sharpie, OPtimist, Mirror Dinghy, sunfish, Vaurien, 420, and now i'm after windsurfing...

Of course it is in french and has to be translated.. if anyone feels like it , it's free of charge and copyright
RonnyDG

Post by RonnyDG »

I could give that a try Lasertourist, maybe send me one article to give me an idea about what I would be facing.
If a native English speaker here would be prepared to review my copy before publication it would be a lovely international team effort.
I' pm you.
Greetings,
Ronny
Pat

Post by Pat »

I'm happy to review anything in English as I will be putting it on the website anyway.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
LASERTOURIST

Post by LASERTOURIST »

I've sent a sample , the older articles are on the french laser website and as i didn't make safeguard copies they have to be retrieved n line.

Hope yo 'll make something of it, feel free to ask about the gallicism, slang , puns and double entendres that are interspersed.
RonnyDG

Post by RonnyDG »

Thank you, I received the copy. Have some patience while I work on this.
Greetings,
Ronny