lowrider help

General chat about boats
kev alway

lowrider help

Post by kev alway »

Hi all im joining the lowrider ranks on the new year,apart from a quick blast
years ago totally new experience
Any hints tips welcome and I read about a lowrider meet up a great idea im based in the midland s and am certainly up for it
Cheers all :lol:
shes a axeman 2 by the way
solentgal

Re: lowrider help

Post by solentgal »

Hi Kev, welcome along.....great to have another Moth drawn to the flame, so to speak :)

I'm afraid I'm not the one to ask re sailing anything like an Axeman.....but there are others on here who will probably be able to help.

Hope to meet you at some point in the new year :)
Sami.
simonmw

Post by simonmw »

Best piece of advice somebody gave me when I was starting out in my first Moth was something like 'don't give up, don't get disheartened'. It took me the best part of a season before I could get in it for any length of time without swimming, but the end result of experiencing the lovely feeling of getting it right was well worth the perseverance!

p.s. There is a thread on here somewhere entitled 'Moth Roll Call' where people have been posting which boat numbers they own.

Simon.
Current custodian of-
Micro 18
Tiger Moth
'Gentleman Jim' Moth GBR3936
'Dragon' Moth GBR3848
Merlin Rocket 3521
Buell XB12R Firebolt
Landrover 110 Defender
And a big shed to keep them in...
JimC

Post by JimC »

Learn "steer for balance" has got to be pretty high on the list. You're not going to be able to move round the boat fast enough to keep it upright for very long without unless you are unbelievably fit.