Good news on improved media coverage

General chat about boats
davidh

Re: Good news on improved media coverage

Post by davidh »

Alan,

Problem solved!

Pat has probably more detailed info on classic dinghy PYs than anyone else that I can think of. If she's happy for the list to be used, then that is what would look good for now. Of course, by the time you get to Roadford, we'll already have had Hunts and Blithfield, so we can add in yet more 'real time' data.

I'll be at Hunts taking lots of pics, so for both Blithfield and Roadford we'll have plenty of material for promotional purposes.

D
David H
alan watson

Post by alan watson »

David

This really good news and will help to bring diverse designs together and build for the future and future moth spots.

ALAN
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi David
Can you give the Roadford Event a plug in your new Y&Y column. Thanks Al
davidh

Post by davidh »

Al,

I was going to say, "for you...anything" but would be worried as to what that might mean.

But, you'll have my help, I would hope that you knew that I';d being helping anyway!

Catch up soon

D
David H
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

David if you're coming to Hunts I'd be pleased for you to do a post event write up, leading into the next classics event.
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
davidh

Post by davidh »

Nessa, you've got it. Best is that we sit down for 5 mins over a coffee and you can tell me how you'd like it to 'play' - I'll then work on that basis. You don't have any pictures of a HIT do you?

D
David H
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Thanks Dave
Regards Al
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

I will be Sitting down a lot this weekend. There is a Hit for sale right now up at Peterborough, tempting, but I suspect I am too heaven.

We are almost certainly coming to Roadford, but I don't as yet have a boat to sail. If only Finns were lighter....
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Michael Brigg

Post by Michael Brigg »

Nessa wrote:I will be Sitting down a lot this weekend. There is a Hit for sale right now up at Peterborough, tempting, but I suspect I am too heaven.

Not enough of one or too much of the other??
Michael Brigg
davidh

Post by davidh »

Cor.... Angel Cake, like Angel delight - a taste of the past!

Anyway, to all those who have individually helped me out over the last fortnight or so with various snippets, the new article is nearly ready to go. But it is LONG..... very long. This will mark something of a trial departure, going for full double length, as this allows space for the topic to be developed rather than a quick 'hit and run' on the subject.

The topic is the 'Three Wise Men' - Austin Farrar, Peter Milne and Jack Chippendale and the way their work kept crossing over. I've some amazing pictures and a lot of 'factoids' - this should be up on line next week. As it is now written, this leaves me clear to cover Hunts, then start helping with the promoting of Blithfield and Roadford.

After this, I'm thinking a piece on the restoration scene but we do have a real 'ace' up our sleeves for the future...but more on this later.

See you at Hunts

D
David H
davidh

Post by davidh »

Firstly, a huge thank you to Geoff and all the other forumites here who have helped me pull this latest missive together. It is something of a departure in format for Y&Y - going for a bigger/longer article that has allowed me to include a lot more in the way of detail. But just like London buses, you wait for one to come along and then....any time now my Hunts report and pictures should be posted. This includes plugs for both Blithfield and Roadford, plus a mention of the Moths...maybe a bit more than just a 'mention' too!

here though is the link to the article - hope you all enjoy!

D

http://www.yachtsandyachting.com/news/1 ... e-Wise-Men
David H