IC K89(?) continued....

General chat about boats
Max McCarthy

IC K89(?) continued....

Post by Max McCarthy »

All,

Here are some more images of K89 (or at least I think it is K89, could be 133, but I would be a little surprised if it was, but I suppose it is possible).

On the drive, and I have to say she is in rather fantastic condition, and is now lying at Draycote, awaiting some speed grip, to make her easier(!) to sail...

Cheers,

Max
AC 298 TimeWarp
Cherub 2627 - Sgt Murphy (nee Last Amber Dragon)
Farr 3.7 (slowly progressing build)
National 12 3337
Max McCarthy

Re: IC K89(?) continued....

Post by Max McCarthy »

Update: As it would appear, the boat seems to be of an unusual origin with ideas of her past ranging from a German history, right up to being an interesting amatuer built one-off, and as of yet, the most compelling idea behind where she came from is that she could be a 16'(!) IC built for Ken Davis, for the worlds at Grafham.

However, having had several interesting conversations with Rob Michael regarding her, and the way the cover off my old AC fits her, so I don't think she could be a 16' boat, the thoughts then turned to that she could have been built out from this 16-footer-IC.

So the question is, are my uneducated eyes good enough to notice such a build/rebuild?

So, may I ask: what should I look out for to confirm / disprove that she could be of Ken Davis' origin? (and that of a built out boat....?)

In the mean time, I may ask on the IC Facebook group, to get more of an international persective.

Many thanks....

Max
AC 298 TimeWarp
Cherub 2627 - Sgt Murphy (nee Last Amber Dragon)
Farr 3.7 (slowly progressing build)
National 12 3337