Phantom PY no

General chat about boats
jpa_wfsc

Post by jpa_wfsc »

What I need now is an insurance company who appreciates that one can not be sailing all of them at the same time!

john./
j./

National 12 "Spider" 2523
Finn K468 'Captain Scarlet'

British Moth, 630, early 60's 'Pisces'

!!!! Not CVRDA !!!!
Comet Trio - something always ready to sail.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Admiral give a fleet discount - cheaper rates for each additional boat.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
keithr

Post by keithr »

Well we are miles off the original question, maybe David should stick to the Peggie now he is nearly at the half century( sorry had to get that one in). As some one who has a Fifteen and Peggie and has sailed Solo and Fleetwind (Colemere) at cvrda with limited success in each, according to conditions prevailing at the the time as rupert said look at the helms record as well as boat.

Heck even a Wayfarer with the right helm/crew can be a strong contender.
Two Peggies 199,100,
Flying fifteen 1855,
Flying fifteen 204 (now in the barn)
Sunbird
JimC

Post by JimC »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by keithr</i>
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

In my experience the boat with the best sailors on board is always the strongest Contender, especially over a series in varied weather.
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by JimC</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by keithr</i>

In my experience the boat with the best sailors on board is always the strongest Contender, especially over a series in varied weather.

Which is, after all, the whole point of the handicapping system! Just goes to show that the PY system gets it right far more often than it gets it wrong.
Rupert
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi
Yes I would agree over a series lasting a Season. However short series are often won if all helms are of equal ability by those sailing the most suitable boat for the conditions. You would not try to race a British Moth at sea, equally a large Cat or monohull would be useless where alot of short tacking is reguired. So you do need the best boat for the prevailing conditions and this can be used to advantage.
Cheers Al