CVRDA Boats delivery service

General chat about boats
davidh

CVRDA Boats delivery service

Post by davidh »

Hi all,

Just a quickie question.

Is there anyone who will be heading to either Hunts or Roadford in a Southerly direction.....passing Lincoln (to be more specific, Gainsbourogh) on the way.

I'm not sure if my Isle of Wight Passport is good for locations that far north. However, for someone heading South to Hunts, there is an opportunity to have an exchange of Drinking (or Varnishing/fittings) vouchers.

Item to be collected - a mast.

Anyone heading that way, let me know - equally, if there is a required load to come North (I've still got a garage full of contender bits) then let me know.

Cheers all

D
David H
sam mason

Re: CVRDA Boats delivery service

Post by sam mason »

I am about 10 miles from Gainsborough and am brave enough to go there in daylight. It is my intention to go to Hunts so could probably take another mast providing its not huge. Pm me
Sam
davidh

Post by davidh »

Sam,

It is only a shortie - a Solo mast! But someone prepared to go to Gainsborough...I've never met a real life here before.

Will PM you.

D
David H
sam mason

Post by sam mason »

I've got a couple of Solo masts laying about here and a Solo as well for that matter. No PM yet or if there is I cant find it
Sam
davidh

Post by davidh »

Hi Sam,

I already have the boat more's the pity - but it came with a willowy old needlespar when what I really need is a superstiff scaffold pole.

The guy at Gainsbourough has a lightly used Cumulus - do you have anything along those lines?

Cheers

D
David H
sam mason

Post by sam mason »

Strangely enough a willowy Needlespar and a well used "C" neither of which would be any good
sam mason

Post by sam mason »

Any movement on this one David?
Sam
davidh

Post by davidh »

Sam,

sadly, no..... the Solo project has taken a very different direction. Even sadder is that I'm not going to be able to make it to Hunts, I have a poorly campervan (my own stupidity.....on the road through the Park that leads to Netley Sailing Club, I met a car towing a Cat coming the other way. I pulled off the track only to clobber a tree stump) - ouch.

Thank you though for the offer of help,

Regards

D
David H
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi Dave
I could then collect it from Hunts and bring down to Roadford for you.
Cheers Al
davidh

Post by davidh »

Alan,

Thank you...that is a lovely offer; sadly the Soslow and I have had a parting of the ways - instead the 505 is getting all of my attention.

Plan is though to make it to Roadford, I am assured that the camper van will be fixed by then (but as yet have not heard...it is the waiting that is the worst)

D
David H