E110

General chat about boats
SingTheNightSong

E110

Post by SingTheNightSong »

i have an Enterprise - s/no E110 - i need the ORIGINAL measurement form or certificate to form part of the provenance - has anybody any idea where to look, please : the SailEnterprise Org can't find any trace neither can the previous owner - will Jack Holt's family hold anything like that? - "who do i turn to" (smile)
peter horscroft
sam mason

Re: E110

Post by sam mason »

The other option is the RYA who tend to be worse than useless at this sort of thing. Their standard answer is " Sorry we have no record" although to be fair this boat was built before the RYA took control. It is also quite possible that the boat was never measured in the first place. Many kits came with the building fee paid and a sail number issue but some owners didn't follow up with measurement.
Sam
roger

Post by roger »

I found the RYA quite useful when digging out details for my old Hornet though as a National class I think they were the original record keepers
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
sam mason

Post by sam mason »

They have been absolutely hopeless and uninterested EVERY time I have enquired about Albacores up to and including getting the details wrong on the certificate of a brand new boat, About as much use as an ash tray on a motorbike!!
If the Enterprise Association cant find details I doubt if there are any. Bob tends to be very good
Sam
Alan P.

Post by Alan P. »

I think I have the Enterprise Assoc yearbook from 1960 which I think lists the owners of boats, if they were members. This was in the days before data protection etc so has full addresses. I will dig it out and check out 110 and pm you with anything listed.

Alan
OK 1211 Peter Crew wood 1968
Gull 2892 Hartley MK6 Plastic 2014
Streaker 1582. Home built. Wood 2005